Help on decision on new car

msidgwick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right i need your help and advice. My husband is wanting a new vehicle. He has decided on a 2001 51 reg bmw 318i se with 38k on the clock in mettallic gold colour in pristine condition(thats what he says i have not seen it yet?). The price is £9995. The help i need is should i let him have it and if so why and is this a good price and deal for this age and type of car.

If you all agree yes then he has his answer but remember i need reasons why the answer should be yes. It is now in the hands of you DW people and let the decision begin.

BMW 3-Series Saloon
318i SE 4d (01) 2001/51
Insurance Group 13 (get a quote)
Average mileage: 40,000 miles
Cost New ('01) £ 20950
Franchised Dealer £ 11255
Independent Dealer £ 10890
Private Good £ 10435
Private Poor £ 8620
Part Exchange £ 9530

Seems a good enough buy, make sure it has FSH ect though won't you.

Is it from a dealer ? If not Hpi it as well ;)

It is from a dealer but not sure about F.S.H so i will check it does have upgraded 17 inch alloys on though.

I'd say that's pretty good. BMWs are known for racking up a high mileage too before they decide to give up the ghost. Just check the older BMWs on eBay.

I was told the new 318's are in fact a 1.9litre engine.

I have a 1991 520i with 105k miles and its still going strong! With regular maintenance it should carry on for another 100k miles without any major engine problems.

BMW's are renound for their great build quality, I wouldn't recommend any other car :) Except of course a bigger engine! 325's are nice..

10k for a excellent condition 2001 bimmer is good value imo, you wont be dissapointed.

tell me the exact model 2 or4 door and when registered ill look in black book that is a change over year so be careful

that dose seem pretty good for the money but just watch theses craffty salesmen and the bull shit and watch they dont say it was a company car used by what ever dealer u are buying from because u will probably find it wont have a ful FSH

Thanks for all your advice. I will go up and test drive it and see about the history etc.

Back