help needed

dhally

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi to all just got my dreambox and was following satchmo tut and am a bit confuessed on the cute ftp part where i got to put the files in the var/bin part, i have 2 rom images do i put both in or 1 and also on the nagra roms which image do i put pls help:

sorry satchmo what i mean is when u use cute ftp and get to this part [var/bin] where u copy the zapit file there i have a rom 7+rom10 do i put both images in m8 sorry but first time at a dreambox m8

i found it easier to use the dreambox command centre for the ftp side of things. (on this image)

Now browse to /var/bin and copy the zapit file that was included in this zip to the /var/bin directory.
Once the file is copied over you need to change the access rights for the file, If using CuteFTP right click on the file and choose CHMOD / Properties, Set the permissions to 755, click ok to save the changes.

Autoupdate.key - /var/keys
the 6 nagra roms - /var/scce
cables.xml /var/tuxbox/config

Browse to /tmp and copy the addon_mgcamd.bin (included with dm500_nplus_1106Z.img image)

use dcc all the directories are there and its easier to use fr beginners (avail in downloads section)

just do exactly as it says and you can't go wrong

thanks satchmo got it up and running got all channels except boomerang just like say thanks for all the help this site and members

dhally said:
thanks satchmo got it up and running got all channels except boomerang just like say thanks for all the help this site and members

Good stuff, glad to see another one up and running but I personally would be running round the room pulling my hair out if I could't get 'Boomerang' lol

Back