Help Needed

Darrenm72

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Any help given will be must appreciated, I help run a website with a friend of mine. The proplem I am having is I need to post a table onto the site, I have done the table with Microsoft Excel and if i try to copy and paste the table it comes out wrong (i.e no borders and everything out of line). The website allows me to attach a file, but when i do it this way the message "The extension xls is not allowed". Is there another way to do this

Hi M8y :)
Just a quick nag. might be an idea just to say hello in the "Who are you?" section as some get a little snotty if u don't.

To answer your question with a question.

What are u using to make your web pages??

To add as an attachment maybe you could rar or zip the file. You should be able to attach that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an html table with headings.

<table border="1">
<tr>
<th>Heading</th>
<th>Another Heading</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>row 1, cell 1</td>
<td>row 1, cell 2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>row 2, cell 1</td>
<td>row 2, cell 2</td>
</tr>
</table>

The other option is if you don't need the working of excel, just take a screenshot and insert the picture :)

Does it have to be excel?

For example are you using excel because of what that can do or do you just need a table?

No m8 it doesn't have to be excel, but the second reply you put up looks a bit to complicated for me :Dunce:

No m8 it doesn't have to be excel, but the second reply you put up looks a bit to complicated for me :Dunce:

If you cut and paste it into notepad, save it as 'Table.htm' then open it with internet explorer, you will see its a very basic table.

If you play about with adding more cells/columns and changing the sizes you'll soon get the hang of it.

Once your happy with your table, just insert the code into you webpage.

Job done.

It will look like this:

Table.JPG

Back