help needed with jtagging

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there folks need 2 jtagg my friends box fun card been locked by trader cannot unlock it, can someone point me in the right direction which jtagger to get 1 with 10 pins or 20 box is 4001n carn't solder 2 save my life need a easy option if there is 1 :Cheers:

You CANNOT jtag a 4001. If you are very lucky the BK may be in the database, otherwise you need a ledsimm

Bammy is right you will need a LEDsimm for a 4001.

still none the wiser cos there is a tut 2 do a di4000n jtag method what's the difference between this model and a di4001n i thought there was no difference in these models sure i've seen that the di4001n can be done somewhere

4000 = latest pace DOCSIS box
4010 = latest pace DAVIC box
4001 - early pace DAVIC box (similar internally to 1000 DOCSIS box)

So the 4000 and 4001 are different generations of box for different regions. The only thing they have in common is that they look the same externally. If you find a way to jtag a 4001 I'm sure plenty of people here would love to know :)

tried that john got my ird don't know if bk no. is right i'll have to check it it looks weird 4 a bk number

bobby boy said:
tried that john got my ird don't know if bk no. is right i'll have to check it it looks weird 4 a bk number

Splashout 20quid m8 and get a LEDsimms from AtmelAce ....... job done! :)

Back