• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

help needed with dreambox 500c

mickybhoy1888

Inactive User
ive had my box a couple of weeks now and ive tried a couple of images on it but cant find 1 that will stop sum of the channels from freezing, at the moment im using the dw 1.6.1 image i had to change the cam before i was able to receive all the channels and altho its not as bad sum of the channels still freeze every 1s in a while, wot can i do to stop this from happening, any help given would be much appreciated.

Devilfish

DW Regular
Go to the Information page and check the signal information. The SNR % needs to be above 90% to stop the freezing.

You can get a signal booster from Argos for £8.99. If it doesn't help, take it back and say you bought the wrong thing. ;)

Also, a high signal shows the same problems as a low signal so might actually need an attenuator instead of a booster.

You can get a variable attenuator here...

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/coaxial_accessories.htm

mickybhoy1888

Inactive User
Go to the Information page and check the signal information. The SNR % needs to be above 90% to stop the freezing.

You can get a signal booster from Argos for £8.99. If it doesn't help, take it back and say you bought the wrong thing. ;)

Also, a high signal shows the same problems as a low signal so might actually need an attenuator instead of a booster.

You can get a variable attenuator here...

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/coaxial_accessories.htm
my signal is at 96% so cant be a low signal might have to giv the attenuator a go cos it always seems to freeze at the good bits an penalties an stuff lol, ive jst read up on the attenuator and i think its for tv ariels only would it still do its job wen connected to the cable feed

Last edited:

elmonster

Inactive User
i've started having similar problems
SNR: 96% AGC: 43% BER: 0
at the moment
it'd be cool if you post back how you get on with the attenuator

sherlock

Inactive User
my signal is at 96% so cant be a low signal might have to giv the attenuator a go cos it always seems to freeze at the good bits an penalties an stuff lol, ive jst read up on the attenuator and i think its for tv ariels only would it still do its job wen connected to the cable feed
Problems start with some boxes with a snr above 95 and below 89 3-6 db should sort your probs out but have a look here http://www.beststuff.co.uk/coaxial_accessories.htm you will find a adjustable attenuater.

I should have read devilfishes reply

winggeek

Inactive User
500c

hi,

i have some channels perfect and then others when i select them the epg is showing and a blank screen. the snr is from 92-95 average on all channels. it was working fine the last few days then all this started happening. i am in dublin . anybody else come across anything like this ?