help needed to program a atmega 163 card from scratch

POSTIE PAT

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys and gals

Mega help needed!!

I have just purchased a Infinity usb unlimited programmer and a atmega 163 card! and i want to programme it!!
I have tried using the tuts posted here but keep getting it all wrong!!
would any of you kind people talk me through how to programme the card as i want to watch the utd v chelsea game sunday!!
if you want to pm me i dont mind or i am on msn if that helps
please would one of you kind people help me out!!

many thanks in advance for your help on this matter!!

POSTIE

hi m8 do you have the toxix 7 if so open put in your ird start 12 ###### then your box key then select cable provider save get swapbinhex drag the file you just made into it you should have a new hex file put your toxic 7 hex file in flash memory then the file you just made into the external eeprom write card if all goes well card should auto update

atmega probs

hi mate

done all that but still aint getting anything sports movies etc what could be the problem

in your progger options make sure verify card is unchecked.

you could try reversing your ird ie: 12 34 56 78 - 78 56 34 12.

When i am trying to program my atmega 163 card it wont work i have followed all the instructions given by many people but when i program the card all i get are the usual bbc1, bbc2 ,ivt all the sports movies etc are all blank screen, but i dont get a smart card error message ! but when i program a funcard all channels work fine!

anyone have any ideas

M8 i would check to see if what you are doing is correct. If your process is correct then it should open all the channels.

To verify you are doing it correct put in the current live keys for your area along with the ird, bk and other neccessary info in TOXIC 7. Also ensure that you are using the correct flash file for your area, program your card and pop it into the box. If you are doing it correct then it should work instantly.

Logic

I promise you i am inputting all the correct info into the proggy!!
i done it a total of five times last night and nothing just a black screen!!
done it again this morning and low and behold the same! there must be something simple i am missing!!

but it is being elusive to me!! so i know the bk and ird are correct because my funcard works!!

mmmmm.....i'm sure we will get it sorted.

Are you using the correct flash file for your area?

i would however put in the current live keys in toxic 7 to test to see if it works. If it does work then its an autoupdate issue if it doesnt then theres other things which may be causing it. I had a similar problem in that i was only recieveing FTA channels, waited 40 mins and still nothing, so i decided to put the current live keys into toxic 7 to see if it would work and it did, and has been updating fine ever since.

hello
UPDATE!!
just been sent the hex and bin by another member and still no joy will i ever get this sorted
im sure im doing it right had someone go through it step by step with me!!
could i have a dodgy card u think??
logic how do u do that test??

hi m8 try this tut make sure you have this part done or it wont work

Now connect you infinity usb phoenix,make sure you go into “option,general and then advanced tab and uncheck the filds i.e AUTO detect CPU and others.

savagebasher said:
hi m8 try this tut make sure you have this part done or it wont work
Now connect you infinity usb phoenix,make sure you go into “option,general and then advanced tab and uncheck the filds i.e AUTO detect CPU and others.

that tute is out of date
u dont encrypt the b/k now

on the software you use do you have the auto detect card unchecked if not uncheck restart software insert card select atmega163 then write files to card

POSTIE PAT said:
not got pheonix mate using unlimited!!

go here and download this tute

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61869

follow this the unlimited software is allmost the same
dont worry about the way u program flash or bin any way just write both together
here is a tip when card is done
turn off the box put card in power up the box go into engineers menu
go to card page
wait till it says ok then reboot box
all channels
i bet

Hi there mate. I just upgraded two boxes to ATMEGA cards. One a di4000 was done with no problems what-so-ever.
Loaded up toxic 6 final (march 08 2005), entered a made up CAM ID, IRD (backwards), and my boxkeys, then clicked on C&W (my area) and generated the External EEPROM file. Got the correct toxic7bcw file as the flash, and programmed with no probs using infinity USB. Card worked a treat in the di4000, then did the exact same thing for a 2000, with the IRD, and boxkey changed relative to the box, but no go. Spent all afternoon trying things to no avail.

To cut a long story short i stumbled on this thread and tried out logic's method of entering the current key's, obtain them from the latest RST flash for your area, and lo and behold it's working!

I just hope this updates correctly from now on, cheers logic ;)

-Z

UPDATE!!

Defo not the card tried the au fun and it does exactly the same on that (no message saying faulty smart card) just a black screen on non free channels
still waiting for the awnsers!!
if you think i am not doing it correctly i am on msn messenger if you wanna talk me through it feel free!!

its now been a week and its doing my noggin in!

@Zee i had the same prob as you was doing it correctly but the box just wouldnt update, so thought fook this and lamped the current keys in and the autoupdate has been working since

@postie pat you on msn pm me your details and i'll add you to my list and go through it with you.....I wont be able to tonite got prior engament

when making ur file wi toxic just enter ur ird forwards and ur bk no cam save use swapbin hex fr the file u just made-put ur area file in flash and the toxic file in external eep erase ur card then put in the ex eep then flash-worked for me

Back