Help Needed Please, Someones Input Might Do The Trick!!

liamrsi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Sammy 2100, Jtagged it using byte 0x00564e78 for BK, and usual for IRD.

I got IRD 3E ** ** CE

BK 7D ** ** ** ** ** ** 4A

Deleted for obvious reasons. These keys look fine, BK, mixed numbers and letters with no blocks of E's or F's, and IRD defo correct to the EM.

I reset STB to get 09999 in eng menu. Wrote a Funcard with these details in the following order to set NetID.

Ext.eep
Int.eep
Flash

Put it into box, and nothing, have reset stb a few times and re-done it, i have also tried other funcards and re-programming cards, still the box wont set netid?

Can anyone see where i am going wrong, or do they think BK is still incorrect?

I have done 2 or 3 sammys before with no problems, but this one is being a pig!!

Cheers In Advance

Liam

Not being funny mate but you might have more luck if you just have one thread rather than 3 threads containing the same question's :)

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=118454
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=118132
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=118180

P.S if you want to PM me your IRD/BK details I'll create a FunID netsetler and you can burn that to your card if you want. Worth a try.

Or download OCD and your correct MAC file for your area and try that.

for some reason i cannot get ocd to communicate with box, i opened BKE and it worked fine, opened OCD and it will not talk to the box.

If anyone can help, id appreciate it there.

I have settings to ARM 940T and WIGGLER.

Have MAC_MOT.sys running in the background, and nothing happens?

Cheers

why did the fun card not work ??
you say you have done this before so if that is the case then bk could be wrong
only my opinion

for some reason i cannot get ocd to communicate with box, i opened BKE and it worked fine, opened OCD and it will not talk to the box.

If anyone can help, id appreciate it there.

I have settings to ARM 940T and WIGGLER.

Have MAC_MOT.sys running in the background, and nothing happens?

Cheers

If BKE connects then so will OCD. Do you get an error message?

What are you actually doing in OCD? Do you know what your supposed to type?

In answer to Dont, thats all i can think of, but have Jtagged it so many times now, get the same BK all the time, the only other one i have got was with E's and F's

This looks the only legit one!!

Ice, i get a not connected error message in the bottom left hand corner, either that or not initialized...

I am typing BYTE then a code followed by a hex key to change netid through JTAG, im getting nowhere and think im doing summit wrong but what is what i cannot figure out. I got the code from another DW member, he told me to open OCD and copy and paste exactly wht he had written into the command line.

Thanks for help guys, i really do not understand it.

Does anyone think that the card slot may be damaged, or anyone experienced this. When i go into em once reseting the box, when i enter card nothing happens, but when you go to yhe page that shows you a credit limit, it comes up with £32.00 so the card is being shown in there???

Its easier to make a macro file for your net id within sdt,just select this from the drop down in ocd and load it up,press enter,sorted.
You'll also need to short battery prior to this.

I have done this, and got an error message saying the operation cannot be performed, for some reason, i cannot get OCD to go through the JTAG and talk to the box, a setting must be wrong somewhere cos like i said, i can connect to BKE and for that matter SDT, but not OCD?

I have purchased a pogo JTAG from AtmelAce if that helps anything, possible i need to change summit from the norm?

Cheers

1. Short battery

2. Boot box up while holding down button till ld14 appears then let go and leave box till a 0 is displayed in the panel. This means box is in debug mode so you MUST leave it till 0 is displayed.

3. Run Mac_Mot

4. Open up OCD and make sure in the connection you have ARM940T, Wiggler and speed 1 as your settings.

5. Make sure OCD is connected and paste the following remembering to change the ?? to what your need. If you dont know whats supposed to replace the ?? then PM me your netid and i will tell you.

BYTE 0x3120000C = $??
BYTE 0x3120000D = $??
BYTE 0x3120000E = $??
BYTE 0x3120000F = $??

6. Connect your cable feed and reboot the box it should start to update and when you go into eng menu it should be set to whatever netid you set it for.

Last edited:
I reset STB to get 09999 in eng menu. Wrote a Funcard with these details in the following order to set NetID.

Ext.eep
Int.eep
Flash

Put it into box, and nothing, have reset stb a few times and re-done it, i have also tried other funcards and re-programming cards, still the box wont set netid?

Cheers In Advance

Liam

Hi All,

@Liam if your writing the fun card as you posted above then that is the problem?
Just write the Inteep again, as writing the flash after the Inteep erases the inteep and the net id ends up being 35535 or some thing like that.

make sure pogos are connected before opening up ocd and inputting maco!

Hi All,

@Liam if your writing the fun card as you posted above then that is the problem?
Just write the Inteep again, as writing the flash after the Inteep erases the inteep and the net id ends up being 35535 or some thing like that.

I have tried this way aswell, this is how the infinity unlimited progger programs the card anyways, did that 1st.

Ice, thanks, just following someones text word for word makes a diff. I connected OCD to the box and have changed NetId to 41042, my area.

Just got to prog the funcard now and see if i do have the correct BK from JTAG.

If i do, this will be very strange as the funcard should have worked, however, if not i now can use the Virgin BYTE to get correct one, and select my area correctly.

I will let you all know in 10 mins or so!!

Right, i have no subbed chnnels, only free to air, BUT no unsubscribed message either, does this still mean BK could be wrong, or flash is not current for the Virgin update.

Im ExC&W obviously, and the flash im using is V3

Im gonna Re JTAG it now but if i get no joy, summit still must be wrong?

A funcard can sometimes take quite a while to aquire the new public keys, so leave it in stream for a while before assuming anything is wrong.

Thats what i thought so i left it on and went to work, will have a look this afternoon when i get home, but usually, there is an unsubscribed message if the BK is wrong, am i right in saying that?

THANKS FOR ALL INPUT IN THIS POST, IM NEARLY THERE NOW!!!

Back