Help Needed Please, Someones Input Might Do The Trick!!

Right still having probs.

I think im doing wrong, but cannot seem to correct it.

I am on 3.5b Virgin firmware, have the byte: 0x00564e78

I am using this in both OCD and BKE and both come up with the same BK.

You would think great, BUT the same BK for both boxes aswell. I am taking this as a false one.

When i boot the box, i have to run in DEBUG mode right?

Does the 0 Have to be there?

Also, in the past, i have booted boxes into EM and BK's were spat out?

Think i need a shove in the right direction

yeah mate don't jtag until you have a 0 on the box. This is when the box has finished its bootup process into debug.

I tried this, and i am getting no (0) at all!!!!

Green light is on, but no 0?

Could this be my problem

Try this

1. Scart and Power in, No Cable Feed
2. When you see PD20, press and hold the Down button for 5 Seconds then release.
3. Now wait until channel 0 appears on LCD.

try the following steps first without a card in and if still doesn't boot to 0 try with a card in.

So am I right in saying you've never got it to boot to 0 before jtag ??
Hopefully if you get the 0 you will be able to jtag with correct bytes.

I have had 0 before, but not now?

The funny thing is that i have done them within em before and came out ok, but both of these boxes give me the same BK?

Both boxes give you same BK ?? is IRD the same ?? Possibly cloned box ??

But nah I still think you've got a false BK.

Yeah keep trying until you get the 0 on LCD then Jtag

‘xl5’ posted these bytes in the Samsung section a little while ago, hopefully they will help you
0x00f69af8
0x008adcd0
0x0086b6b0

Ive also had this problem where I cant get the box to ‘0’, the green light comes on and just gets stuck there, if I connect the scart the ‘virgin media…please wait a moment’ screen appears, haven’t been able to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Cheers I will try them when i get home.

Defo a false BK, cos IRD's are different!!

i know u tried many a time to get the box into debug mode..

i've always just put the box into the EM left it 10 seconds or so then connected the ocd.. and connects into debug no problem me ygive me the ird/bk no probs..

pm your BK/IRD and ill make up the files for your funcard with the current keys on it..

if you get channels you know ur bk/ird is good. and its should auto updated no problem next key roll

Right,

Still No "0"

However, i am getting readings from both boxes using BKE and OCD for the correct IRD, just no BK, and still with them BYTES above, nothing?

Does the "0" Definately have to be there, the green light goes on?????

Im really baffled and confused now fellas, i know we are going in circles but any input or method change will hopefully help!

to get into debug mode on a sammy
power box up wait till 20 shows and then hold down the down key till shows 40 let go
then box is in debug mode no 0
now start up ocd
click status press enter on key board
will show debug
now wnter ur bytes
and press enter

this will sort it

btw what software is the box running?

Last edited:
Right,

Still No "0"

However, i am getting readings from both boxes using BKE and OCD for the correct IRD, just no BK, and still with them BYTES above, nothing?

Does the "0" Definately have to be there, the green light goes on?????

Im really baffled and confused now fellas, i know we are going in circles but any input or method change will hopefully help!

Hi Mate

As far as I'm aware the 0 has to be on the lcd. As this indicates it has fully booted and the BK has been transfered to RAM. Which you then target with your relevant byte address.

Now I'm not 100% but if I remember rightly when you see LD20 hold down button then LD14 appears keep holding for a few more seconds then release LD40 should then appear and box should boot up.

You say you can' t get 0 to appear ? if so when the box is booting what screen do you finally get on your AV channel ??

P.S not 100% as its been a while but double make sure card is not in ? either that or in, I've slept since then :)

EDIT .... Must have posted same time as you DavidH ,

David, i will give your method a go, i havent been pressing status so ill try that, thinking of it, i havent seen debug since i used OCD to set the netid's!!

Cheers

hi guys ive programmed the card wid da box key ocd thru up, but engineers menu says please wait is this normal?

hi guys ive programmed the card wid da box key ocd thru up, but engineers menu says please wait is this normal?

Boot box up mate and see if you get any channels, That will confirm if your card is working.

Or you could check card status in EM.

Boot box up mate and see if you get any channels, That will confirm if your card is working.

Or you could check card status in EM.

yeh the CARD Status is what is showing 'Please Wait'

does anybody know where i can get the latest public keys from, this is probly the quickest way to check if i have the right or rong bk??

Back