help needed on emachines E3035

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother has a Emachines E3035 machine that he got from asda 2-3 years ago, the system ended up running really slow and took an age to do anything and eventually alot of bits failed to work right.

So I did a reinstall with the supplied e machines disk, this reinstalled the system (xp home) back to a fresh install...

Only there are drivers missing, They can not burn dvd's now on the dvd rom drive.... they have no sound.
There are no drivers on the cd that I can find at all.

Any ideas lads and ladies..... I have checked the E machines site and installed the drivers on there to no avail.

Sound:
Assuming its onboard sound, crack the side of the case open (the machine will no longer be in warranty anyway) and look for a chip on the mobo near the sound jacks. It should be labeled something like RealTek or SIS. This is the sound chipset and should tell you the chipset number too. Just google that to get the drivers.

DVD
If going to device manager, uninstalling the drive and rebooting, doesn't install the correct drivers (BTW allow the PC to connect to the internet to check) its possible the power pack is on its way out - it was in my case. I believe that 2.5 years is about the average MTBF for PSUs anyway.

so non of the official drivers work, are you sure all the kit inside has not been changed?

try downloading Everest to see what hardware you have?

Here's the unofficial support site for emachines, which by the way is far more useful than the official site:

http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/support/europ_motherboards.shtml

The page above lists your E3035 and your MB should be MSI MS-7207 (K8NGM2-L). The site lists the spec and chipset for the board which gives you the info you need to update the drivers you require. If you go to the download section all the drivers are there. Assuming that is that you still have the original MB! If not let us know what MB is in the PC now and then we can help further.

Here's the unofficial support site for emachines, which by the way is far more useful than the official site:

http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/support/europ_motherboards.shtml

The page above lists your E3035 and your MB should be MSI MS-7207 (K8NGM2-L). The site lists the spec and chipset for the board which gives you the info you need to update the drivers you require. If you go to the download section all the drivers are there. Assuming that is that you still have the original MB! If not let us know what MB is in the PC now and then we can help further.

Cheers mate,

Everything in the pc is original..nothing has been changed from original purchase spec.
Last night I went over to my brothers and uninstalled the dvd rom drive and rebooted and it found it again.

I tried to install the sound but it still wont work, when i open device manager there are a few things listed for sound, e.g. legacy audio codecs, legacy audio driver, etc.
but when I go into sound from control panal, all the options are grayed out and there is no speaker in the system tray.. nothing. :(

Cheers lads

Try downloading the Realtek ALC880 audio driver from here and see if it makes a differnece

http://www.driverskit.com/freedownload/Sound_Card/Realtek/ALC880_ALC260_ALC861_HD_R1_09/15315.html

Also check the Device Manager in System Properties to see if the hardware is working ok, no yellow ! marks.

Next open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel. Check to see if you have a scheme selected and also check on the audio tab to see if you have a sound playback device selected. Click use only default devices.

Lastly, but just in case, make sure that your output is not muted by the mute button in default devices.

Let us know how you get on please.

Back