Help Needed On Assignment

Sameira

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recieved part of my assignment today an am strugling to think of sumthing, wondering if u guys can give me sum ideas

The assighment is a Software Development Project an i hav to cum up with sumthing i can make using programming languages:_ e.g

My own style of a windows media player
Text Editor
Or maybe even a game

I dnt want summat simple cos it wnt get me the mark si want an i dnt want anythin to hard. I need it to be in the middlish so i can right up the plan, design evaluation blah blah blah...

Thnks

Here sum information taken from the handbuk i got

Description of Unit
The aim of this unit is to integrate the skills and knowledge learners have gained throughout the programme to enable them to provide a computer program-based solution to a realistic problem. The project may be work based, college based or a learner interest, but it must be developed in accordance with the unit’s frameworks and constraints.
The project should be chosen by the learner, under guidance from the centre to establish an appropriate level of study.
This will develop the ability to produce an acceptable and viable solution to an agreed solution specification within a defined timescale and constraints.
This unit presents opportunities to demonstrate key skills in communication, information
technology, improving own learning and performance and working with others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of learning outcomes
To achieve this unit a learner must:
1 Select, specify and plan an appropriate project
2 Develop the project to the agreed specification and plan
3 Implement the project
4 Demonstrate and evaluate the project.

Thnks allot guys i ned to get this dun for thursday but i jus need summat real gud to do...i need inspiration :) from all ov ya

Thnks once again

How about a simple personal/household accounts program?

i'd go for a dynamic website, perhaps with an ecoomerce type section.

So a website which has an admin panle fro website owners to upload their own pics, details and products. then a shopping basket type thing, if eccommerce is a little hard then you could always just shopping basket it and email off orders instead of online processing.

If not that then a website which offers website design for people, might be a little hard, but something in the form of choose a template from YOUR site, give title, text and pictures and hey presto your little app would generate a website for the user.

Just my thoughts though,....let me know what you think about them m8

Gr8 ideas guys..thnks

But i need sumthing which will be better thn every1 else an it will stand out, web browser is gr8 but i dnt even no how to program it...lol

My m8 is designing an MP3 player, which will load up real quick an start playing the song
Another m8 is designing a stress reliever..lol...wer the user can upload a picture of who ever they want an start smakin it in lollol

I jus want sumthing tht is different from every 1 else..i wud do a game but i dnt no anythin bout programmin a game an i only hav 8 weeks for the whole assinment to complete, an we havn't even been givan the assignment this is jus like the notes :(

Just had an idea, i can do like a DJ mixing software.. like mixing different sounds together it will be suitable for the litle ones an the old

for the little ones i can hav basic sounds like cows, sheep...lol

an elders i can get sum of the latest tunes

:)

But i dnt no wer to start on programming it any1 give me sum ideas i no how to do VB an C++

thnks

Coursework

Hi there

I think you are missing the point with your academic studies.

Firstly I would say that it's not so much to do with the end product but ' the process'.

Simply make any product but follow the guidelines regarding evaluation/research etc and complete this fully. That way you will meet the criteria set out by your tutor.

By devouting so much time in designing a 'wonder' product will give you less time to the other aspects of the course.

Quote:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

chrome

if this isnt too late, how about a video rental program for a video shop... not too hard but complex enough for a good mark

psynet said:
if this isnt too late, how about a video rental program for a video shop... not too hard but complex enough for a good mark

Gud idea, thnks :)

Back