help needed noob here

calibra150bhp

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a xbox 360 with samsung ms28 drive in it where do i start i have the auto xbin thing and i have downloaded the Samsung.iXtreme.1.4 stuff thats needed but have come to an end here i dont think my onboard sata will work so was gonna use the vcc method will the work if my sata is not correct i am running intel 82801 chipset what i can see from control panel device manager i am ok with soldering just would like to know where to go from here thanx in advance

I wouldnt take the vcc route personally mate... Its not necessary and outdated ;) first port of call is textbooks 2008 tutorial. Everything you need to know is in there mate :) You'll be better off spending 6 quid and buying the sata pci card which contains the via 6421 chipset ;) If you need any help in locating the card I mention or anything else just shout back here :)

is it not possible to use my onboard sata mate and use the vcc i am experienced with soldering i have jtged cable boxes and lifted tsops on 250/255 modems so am more than capable of doing that havent got the time nor money to go out and buy a sata card im working from today till end of week and wanna get it done so i can play gta 4 and a few others let me know if its possible please

I not sure if your intel 82801 chipset is compatible but i would honestly go the route that mxwizard has suggested as it`s by far the simplest and easiest.

Get the Sata card m8.

I bricked a ms28 using the vcc method, its easy to do. Also if you wanna update the firmware later you'll have to do it all again.

I was trying to update it, flash for the 2nd time, when it all went wrong. I can however confirm that the drive did flash and run backups fine the first time I did it. Xtreme 1.2 or summit like that. I used a M/B with an nvidia nforce4 chipset, all you can do is try it with your intel.

Good luck if you go for it.

is it not possible to use my onboard sata mate and use the vcc i am experienced with soldering i have jtged cable boxes and lifted tsops on 250/255 modems so am more than capable of doing that havent got the time nor money to go out and buy a sata card im working from today till end of week and wanna get it done so i can play gta 4 and a few others let me know if its possible please

If you wanna send me your drive mate I'll be happy to do it for you :) I very recently advised another member not to go down an older/outdated route but alas impatience resulted in another fooked drive :( He was lucky and was able to get things sorted by swapping drives over but if you can avoid that situation then obviously that would be a wise decision ;)

Back