Help needed making a flightcase

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been after a flight case for my 88 note fully weighted keyboard. I'm after a flightcase but after much searching £200 + is a little on the dear side and I sure I can build one for less hopefully for under £100
I'm OK and have the gear to have a pop at it so does anyone know were's the best place for all the aluminum trim and wheels handles latches hinges etc ? when I say best I mean cheapest as well as best :).

Also, should I use 1/4 or 1/2 ply ?. then there's , rivet gun and rivets for the handles, which size and best/stiffest foam and lastly toughest black vinyl.

Someones bound to have built one on here and I'll swear I can build one for a damn site less than the £200-£300 quoted (with delivery) .

Video's, tips anything will do, it doesnt have to be a masterpiece of carpentry just strong and as light as possible as the keyboard is a hefty 36lbs and bulky

thanks guys

lol yeah, it's always best asking around when sourcing stuff like this. I remember awhile back getting some plastic for the house. I asked a few and got this company clearing out online , I got all I needed for under a 1/3 of what I was gonna pay locally and that was delivered !

Ive seen and asked about them. The first one's on gumtree as well and 2 don't mail, too far away. I've scoured the ads for the past few month with no joy

The alibaba ones tbh look quite good (good spot) but I couldn't bring myself to trust them to send out one the correct size but thanks anyway

Back