help needed as im going mad

steve69

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all,
just thought i would post in here cos im having dificulty useing my dbox, i would like any help on this if someone could in how to set it up properly so i could get the most out of it plz.
im a very new to all this and dont know what i am really doing but i have managed to set the dbox upto the pc and managed to flash it,
so the setup i got at the mo is just the dbox2 connected to the s*y minidish and to the pc.
its still in the astra postion as i dont know how to find hotbird or anything like that,i have bought a sat finder which has picked up a sat real close to the astra 19 but im not sure if it is still the astra.
when i do a scan i have only got the astra sat on there and cannot toggle to other sats.
i hope im making sence here and hope that someone can help me out which beleive me would be much appreaciated.

cheers

steve.

Hi there

Sorry I don't know much about Dreamboxes but I do know that you have sats roughly:

Sirius 5e
Hotbird 13e
Eutelsat 16e
Astra2 23 and 28e (SLY?)
Astra1 19e

With you SLY dish I'm not too sure if it's large enough to pick up other sats (someone else will know!), possibly Hotbird 13e (?)

BTW How are you moving the dish, manually?

If so, I think Hotbird is only roughly an inch away from your current setting.

chrome

maty i av a dreambox and move my dish manually basically best thing i found was to get a protractor from a stationary shop and move it to the sat postion this gies u a rough idea were it is from there move left and right small amounts and up or down and you should be abel to get a few sats if u are using the sky minidish u are very limited not all channels for you on hotbird nor astra only the high brodcasted ones u may get tps pakage because that is high that is my low down anyhows i hope that help you

Footylad

A little help on Dreambox Satellite Setup

Hope this read me will help you.

First of all at Satellite configuration you have to choose
"non standard user defined configuration....."

My configuration is

LNB0 - Astra1 (Diseqc input A)
LNB1 - Hotbird (Diseqc input B)
LNB2 - Hispasat (Diseqc input C)
LNB3 - Diseqc Motor ( i choose disecq motor last, so every time i want to add a new sat , it will be added at the end & take LNB3 which is the last (Diseqc input D))

Go to LNB column and press OK on the number ,

be sure that at LNB0 , Sat/LNB mapping is LNB0
press blue button (next page)
ToneBurst : None
Diseqc mode: Version 1.0
Diseqc Parameter: A/A
SAVE

be sure that at LNB1 , Sat/LNB mapping is LNB1
Diseqc Parameter: A/B
SAVE

be sure that at LNB2 , Sat/LNB mapping is LNB2
Diseqc Parameter: B/A
SAVE

Now , for all the satellites with the diseqc motor

be sure that at LNB3 , Sat/LNB mapping is LNB3
Diseqc mode: Version 1.2
Diseqc Parameter: B/B
Diseqc Repeats : none
Ucommitted Switch : none
SAVE

Now every time you want to add a satellite for you motor
just press new (blue button)
and your receiver will assign LNB3 automaticaly

If you go to Motor Setup menu you can see all the satellites that you had assigned.

The CatFish

pet123dreamsettings_06_11_05

You can also down load all the Channel and Sat Settings, I find the pet123 settings the best.

Do a search for: pet123dreamsettings_06_11_05

pet123dreamsettings_06_11_05
06-11-05
45° East - 43° West Settings

DiSEqC switch / Motor

The CatFish

ok thats great ty i will have a go at realignin me dish, i have a nokia and it seems to pick up quiet a few on astra it was 70 transponders but its only 52 now so i roughly get 175 channels,cors i cant watch most of them cos of the encryption buti get a couple. i will try and move the dish again cos i get a sat finder and it does pick up a sat very close to the astra that i got it on at the mo.
so now i have put boxcracker back on it i might give it another go now to c which channels i can get. in the service scan i do get arround 8 to 10 different sats in there and was wondering which one is hotbird,is it euralsat or summut like that.
cheers for the replys guys
regards
steve.

opps sorry i only saw half the posts. i only have the the one lnb on a mini dish so i would have to do that manualy,thanks for the settings catfish but i aint got half of those i thnk but i will go have a look anyways.
another thing i forgot to ask is that i got on the epg bar on the blue button something called camd3xx and i was just wondering what that was.
ty again.

Last edited:
Hi Steve69

Hi Steve69,

When you say mini dish, what size dish are you using, and have you a 0.6db Universal LNB or lower.

Try and look in downloads, if your box is connected to the internet you can down load all the Sats and Channels.

PS The Camd3 is a softcam ( works the same as an External Cam )

The CatFish

Last edited:
i got a mini dish that i got when s*y installed me equiptment as is the lnb so i dont know if i got any of the right stuff.
all i did was get the nokia dbox and connected it up and scanned.

cheers
steve.

What you need

Hi Steve69,

The LNB should be OK, but the Sky Mini Dish is much to small, you will be able to Scan the Channels on Astra 28, but you will only pick up the same channels that you get on your SkyBox, so this will get you no where.

You need a 100Cm dish ( you can get away with a 80 cm dish)
and a diseq motor to move the dish from 28 east around to 30 west, this will give you all the main satellites, and lots of viewing choice.

The Cam ie; camd3 yes this is called softcam and this will enable you descramble certain channels ( not Sky UK )

Hope this helps.
CatFish

Back