Help me please Liam!

VTEC_ECK

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've tried to contact you through PM, e-mail and msn but you've never got back to me. I downloaded your tutorial and have been trying to flash a nokia box for a few days now and i just cant get it to work.... really gettin to me now! EWvery time i try d box commander i get the error message "component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of it's dependancies not correctly registered. a file is missing or invalid" as soon as i try to open it. I also tried image flashing assistant but this also did nothing ang gives me a pop up error in german. i dont know what i'm doing wrong so if you or anyone else in the know for that matter can help me i'd really apprewciate it.

Cheers

Andrew

open your windows system 32 folder and put this in there (unrar it first)

this should cure youre problem ok ;)

JimmyQ is right,

unrar the file and place it in system32 folder. this will definitely solve the prblem. I had it and I found it from google and placed it in my directory.

it works like rock...

cheers

gonna sound like a right **** here but could you explain that in laymans terms for me? to be honest i'm pretty much a learner when it comes to computers and operating systems. I take it i've to download that attatchment but not sure where the system 32 folder is

Ok, managed to download it and think i've managed to extract it, eventually found the system32 folder and saved it in there but i'm still getting the same error message as before... what could be wrong now?

did you unzip it ? and put the dll file in the windows system 32 directory ? just you say you think you managed to extarct it ?

on another note mate, you could always try using IFA...that worked a treat for me....

i left clicked the file and selected extract.. is this correct? fter i did this it says the file was the full size in properties so i saved it where i was told to but i still cant even open the d box command. Can i talk to someone on msn as i reckon i'll have more hair left if i get this sorted soon.. been at it for days!:mad:

Hi there sorry my PM box is full, download this file here:
http://www.ascentive.com/support/ne...y different methods, such as FTP, etc. Liam.

i now have the programme working and have got to the stage of writhing the flash file after being told the image has been sent to the box. problem now is when i select the "flash without bootloader" option in the d box menu's there is no image there and it only gives me the option to cancel... what have i done now??????

Rename the image to mtd3
make sure it transfers to the \tmp folder..dont reboot the box as this will delete the image you have just transferred.
hope this helps.

Can anyone be of any help? i'm sitting eating my tea waiting to give it another go.

Try what i said last post page 1.
Patience my friend you will get there in the end.

sorry, never seen your reply.. forgot to refresh. I'm really sorry but i'm not sure i understand what you mean.. i'm really struggling with this for some reason. Do you mean change the name of the image i'm trying to flash to mtd3? and what or where is the tmp folder, box or pc? Sorry, i really am useless!

Right click on the image on your pc which you want to flash your box with and rename it mtd3....then try dbox command center again.
and point it to the mtd3 image
remember dont reboot your dbox as this will delete the image.
the tmp folder is in the dbox this is were the image will be transferred to.

ok, i tried that and it never worked but when i went into "read one partition" it was there so i read it then flashed it, got the progress bars and everything but when it was meant to reboot it never it just stayed off. So i swithched it back on and tried it again this time i tried read whole image and then flashed that.... now i have a kein system and the remotes doing nothing. what do i do now??

Oh Dear!
You are running before you can walk my friend,
Nowhere in any tuts does it say flash a hole partion....so that means you DONT do it!!!!
Kien system means you have flashed the wrong image to your box
and as you have stated that you read the whole partition then flashed this back.

Mgb
might be needed here to answer this i think you might have fooked your box.
you might be lucky if it has not took the flash.
wait for mgb or liam to answer before
Trying ifa again with a image you have downloaded from here no other!

Also Liam, gav12345 or any other expert Might be able to help you out.

vtec have you tried flashFXP m8 very easy to use and works good on windows operating systems

also just in case this is where you put it C:\WINDOWS\system32 and not in any other folder inside

i personnally use flashFXP and can give you support using it no probs as im not used to command centre

Been back at it there and managed to fix it!!:Cheers: installed Gav's new sportster image but cant get the service and bouquet files on now. tried a service scan but no channels were found. Can someone point me in the right direction of working service files for fife and surrounding area in scotland as i think there may be some sort of problem with the ones i have, said something about a corrupt header or somthing when i tried to unzip them.

btw.. cheers for not gettin pissed off with me bein such a dunderheed guys!

Andrew

Back