help me please,box restaring every 5 minutes or so

zokyn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,I have 4010 and a fun4 card with it,did the jtagging,got the numbers and it was working for some time and everything was ok untill the ppv started to ask me about my PIN,which I didn't know cause I got this box from a mate who wasn't using it.Went on the forum and after a few searches i decided to go with the red jumper and the battery method,so got them out,let the box run a couple of minutes without them and then put them back.Then i went to eng menu and the PIN was erased,so I put a new one and thought everything is great.But look what happens now:
I restarted the box,display says PACE,than nit,than PAT.
On tv I get the message not to touch the box untill it updates,after a while it says that i will get improvement in the menus or something and everything seems ok,than all of a sudden it restarts itself and starts doing the same sequence all over again and again everytime updating that PAT,whatever that means.
Could anyone help me with this one cause I'm really lost.I can still open all of the channels but every 5 minutes or so it restarts and updates itself,i'ts in some kind of a loop which I can't stop.
Anyone had this sort of a problem before and solved it?
BTW I'm in pure ntlhell area if that has anything to do with this.

mmmm this is interesting as ive got a 4010 box in pure ntl area that was working ok and then all of a sudden doing the same thing as your box.ive tried a few different things with it like putting it on a direct feed with nothing else attached and it still does it so ive put the box away and bought a sammy instead but would like to find out what is wrong with the box so i can use it in another room.just like to say that the box went faulty with me about 5 months ago and hasnt just recently gone wrong.

force update the box EG 4321.power off stb,power on hold power button,you should see 0000 on the led,press ch + vol- ch-vol+ services.power of then let update fully until you see lots of numbers flying accross the led erase flash good.then let it boot:proud: :proud: :proud:

Still doing the same thing,did that 4321 than select,goes to nit,than pat,updates,than restarts after 5 minutes,if i press services after 4321 like cob_ob said than it just deletes the last digit and does nothing else,so i suppose i needed to press select.Anything else I could try?
Anyone?

All the frequencies are the same as before i think,apart from the one on the output channel which i tried the default one on the box,which is channel 52 and changed it to some other channel.Unless you are talking about some other frequency like the tuner freq or something like that?

The default frequency is ok as on the frequncy table for my area and has been the all the time while the box was working.There is some DVB-RC freq which is 124.000 MHz.
On the STATUS MONITORING screen it says 'CM ranging failure x2'

Sorted

Hello all,I just wanted to say a big thanks to the people who replied my S.O.S. post and I'm happy to say that after two days of trying it now works perfectly.Box went out of that repeated looping.
Thank you once more for helping and happy upcoming hollidays.

Glad it sorted itself out mate

HAPPY CHRISTMAS:banana: :Clap:

Back