help in Glasgow area or idiots guide

mac's TV

Inactive User
Reaction score
DB 500 help in Glasgow area or idiots guide

Anyone in the area who can help me. I've had a dreambox 500 for a few years now and lately I've been changing the keys through the remote control, the remote is not allowing me to access tuxbox anymore to change the keys and I've been told I can access this through the PC with an ethernet cable linked through my router, now I'm not very technical minded and would worry of stuffing it up, can anyone help me and I'll bring the box to them or they can come to me. I dont mind paying a fee for the service and then I'll know what to do myself in the future, or if anyone has a step by step idiots guide, that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Anyone in the area who can help me. I've had a dreambox 500 for a few years now and lately I've been changing the keys through the remote control, the remote is not allowing me to access tuxbox anymore to change the keys and I've been told I can access this through the PC with an ethernet cable linked through my router, now I'm not very technical minded and would worry of stuffing it up, can anyone help me and I'll bring the box to them or they can come to me. I dont mind paying a fee for the service and then I'll know what to do myself in the future, or if anyone has a step by step idiots guide, that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

you will find info in down loads but you need 20 posts 1st or donate

Thanks for the reply, I have both leads but cannot find the IP of the box as I can't access the settings through the remote, anyway to do this?

Thanks for the reply, I have both leads but cannot find the IP of the box as I can't access the settings through the remote, anyway to do this?

m80 theres a tut in utube will help you m80 or get your posts up so you can down load then i can help m80

Thanks, will check out YT now, failing that I will be donating :Biggrin2:

Can't find the video on YT, so will connect cable tomorrow (do you plug the ethernet cable into router free port then dreambox), when I donate does it give you access straight away to download the instructions? Thanks for all your advice. I need to find the IP of the box and can't access the settings with RC.

Have now donated, can someone advise please how to get system operational again.

Go to the dreambox section download Dream Box Control Centre. Down Load DW 2.1 and flash.

There are plenty of Tuts there too

Thanks for the reply, cant find dreambox control centre in the downloads section, any tips?

Sorry mate, cannot open file, says it is not a valid archive file

Do I need to download winrar if so do you have a link, when I try downloading it states that the archive file is not valid and shows an empty zip file.

Downloaded winrar, must be a total noob as I can't open the file to read, it looks as if it is all in DOS mode.

Downloaded winrar, must be a total noob as I can't open the file to read, it looks as if it is all in DOS mode.

Right click on the file to be opened and click on extract here

Back