Help - have I blown a fuse

dmercer

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had to replace a DS Lite case due to a broken hinge. Suprisingly I managed it and it worked except I had a buzzing noise from one of the speakers. I reopened the case and fixed the problem but now the top screen doesn't come on. I've played about with the ribbon connector for about half an hour to make sure it is in right but nothing.

The only thing I can think of is I've blown a fuse. Can anyone else think of another reason or give me advice on how to test the fuses.

I don't want to shell out on a new screen if its a blown fuse.

Thanks.

Dave

I've noticed when you touch the top screen when the DS is on it gives off a blue tinge suggesting power is getting to it. The DS still loads up games but nothing appears on the top screen.

It could be that Ive damaged the ribbon connector although I can't see any obvious sign of damage.

Has anyone had anything similar?

Dave

your mainboard fuse`s are ok at moment if you have power. check the touch screen isnt shorting anything and make sure the ribbon is seated correctly.

regards
jase

your mainboard fuse`s are ok at moment if you have power. check the touch screen isnt shorting anything and make sure the ribbon is seated correctly.

regards
jase

Thanks Jase.

The touch screen is working fine and I can still play games that only use the bottom screen. I've played about with the ribbon connector for the top screen and can't get any picture at all.

I think I'll order a new top screen and see if that works.

we had same problem, and after hours swapping the case over the top screen wouldnt work, eventually after playing around with the ribbon we got the top screen on but the colours weren't fantastic in the end we bought a new ds, im going to sell the old one for spares or repair on ebay

Back