help getting scammed on ebay

deemonh157

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys i need help on what to do about this scammer on ebay.
i gave a phone to my friend to post for me as he works in a bank and could post it free for me. but when he gave it into the post room the worker sent it by 2nd class delivery and didnt do a special delivery. so this is the sittuation it was sent on monday and hes saying he didnt recieve it so now theres nothing i can do as ive no tracking number or proof that it was sent. even thought it was sent on monday this guy opened a dispute with paypal and said phone wasnt recieved on a wedensday 2 bloody days. so its now saturday and hes still saying he hasnt got it. i phoned paypal and basically they said after 10 days he will be rewarded his money back as ive no tracking number to resolve the dispute.
the guy has the phone and letting on he hasnt the f~#ker
what can i do?

look at his feedback http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365

next time m8 post it yourself to be sure

im afread your beat m8

Last edited:
easy send him something recorded delivery !!! like a note saying i know you have my phone phucker ...

there is not a lot you can do m8 no proof of postage why didnt you just send it yourself by recorded mail as anyone would tell you anything you sell on shitbay that is worth any value you always send recorded do you know the imei of the phone you sold

nothing that can be done..

however, ebay and paypl sucks... personally in the dispute consol.. I would apologise to the buyer and say that you will send a replacement..

then as 2primo said.. send an big FCUK YOU sign special delivery and up him !!!

I have been a victim of this aswell mate.. pure raging now since you have reminded me.. lol..

It's also possible that he hasn't received it.
Post gets knicked everyday.

If anyone posts anything to me 2nd class then I can guarantee that I'll not receive it for atleast 2 weeks!

Maybe, like me they have shit postal service?

It's also possible that he hasn't received it.
Post gets knicked everyday.

Just looked at his feedback: I take back my previous post.

Personally I wouldn't have sold it to him.
Anyway shouldn't he have been banned by Ebay?

What we ought to do is, when one of us has had a dodgy bid on an item (or from a dodgy person)
If it looks like they will win, one our members should bid to protect our friends on here.

dont give him the money back.. hes a con merchant lol.. his feedback says it all..

Do what maarksparky says.. have the guy off good and proper.. then just clean your paypal out and remove you bank details and card..

Set up a new account then :)

yeah.. get the IMEI blocked.. this way the phone would ne useless for him.. trust me mate.. easy way to give a shaft and slap on the face is my earlier post..

Am I missing something?

12 bad feedbacks out of 375 and that's really bad?

listen, I am not saying he isn't doing the old trick. To open a dispute so quickly, he is obviously at it.

Report the phone stolen/get it blocked, as it is theoretically lost/presumed stolen.

Paypal will send the bailiffs round.

Put it down to experience. Anything over a tenner needs to go recorded delivery.

Or get some mates to post him a weeks worth of 'shit in a box' recorded delivery. Don't use your own shit.

dont give him the money back.. hes a con merchant lol.. his feedback says it all..

Do what maarksparky says.. have the guy off good and proper.. then just clean your paypal out and remove you bank details and card..

Set up a new account then :)

....then get Paypals debt collectors on your tail, like they've done with me. :)

mozr, lol why not use your own shit? Do you think he will have forensics done on it??? :)

The negative feedback he has is I think over 12 months ago isnt it? The rest is positive.

As probably already mentioned before, send out a recorded delivery to anyone and then just provide paypal the reference number and say its been sent, they will probably still award him the money even with proof he has received it basically because thats how they are with sellers. Also get the phone blocked whether he has received it or not :)

LOL.

If he was accused of harrassment/ fuking with the queens mail the police may get involved. Using one's own shit would be as silly as posting a phone 2nd class.

just read elsewhere m8 you said the phone you sold was bricked a nokia e51 and it belonged to your m8

did you advertise it as bricked ??

Back