Help- getting a satellite and a receiver

daz999

Member ++
Reaction score
Hello guys, 'm new to satellite area..but need to get a satellite and a receiver...wots the best one to get and how much do they cost? and from where??

also i need to be able to tune in to "Intelsat 12" for some foreign channels....

I heard ASTRA were selling off their old 1a, I think they wanted £750,000 for it, but you need to collect it from space yourself, and they don't accpet PayPal.

;)

Thats a good one... n how about some help..

Sorry, couldn't resist it. ;)

About £200 will get you up and running mate, that would buy you a Dish, a receiver, a motorised mount, brackets and cables.

I got a full system and only spent £185.

thanks for that, and may i ask where did you get your full system?

You can get them from ebay but this is also a good site...

www.wizardsatellite.co.uk

Although their after sales leads a lot to be desired. I've emailed them 5 times and phones them every morning for that past week and they've not replied or picked up the phone. :(

Best to get a 90cm dish and a motor that supports USALS/GOTOxx.

You can get them from ebay but this is also a good site...

www.wizardsatellite.co.uk

Although their after sales leads a lot to be desired. I've emailed them 5 times and phones them every morning for that past week and they've not replied or picked up the phone. :(

Best to get a 90cm dish and a motor that supports USALS/GOTOxx.

Aint you glad in situations like that we got this excellent website to resolve probs like this!!

i don't think DW can help me out with a missing front facia on my new TM-9100 but thanks I know what you mean. ;)

got my first ever motorised set up from wizard had a cracking deal,defo give them a try.

then you got some rough as fook valley dweller to fit it where the kids would chuck bricks at it lol ;)

Back