Help connecting PS3 to my Win7 Dell laptop via wireless router?!?

AndrewSixNine

Inactive User
Reaction score
Between the Land and the Sky! Oh and ESSEX.
As in title, how do you do it??

As ive been searching around, but i still cant connect to the PS3 via my Laptop to watch movies music and pictures e.c.t??
Ive tryed via WMP but still to no avail!!

Any help is aprechiated!!!

Regards, Andrew.

use ps3 media server. Its free and works well

Ps3 media server will have you up and running in minutes.

What do you mean? Download onto the ps3? how? what with? what am i downloading onto my ps3 via that website link? all of them links when i press 'download' the ps3 asks for another stroage?? i dont get it??

Last edited:
Sorry m8, meant download onto ur pc lol, if u have windows pc, download the middle one for windows

Its usually very straight forward to get this up and running. Make sure ps3 media server is running on the pc, and it should then show up on the ps3

do you have media servers enabled on the ps3?

cant remember what settings menu its under, but have a look and enable it if it aint

have you tried pinging your ps3 from your pc that would be a good place to start so then you know they are seeing each other. If that works you could also try tversity in case your pc is having probs with ps3media server thats also easy to setup and tbh i prefer it and is free just google it after thats installed do the same goto video if tversity is not showing scan for media servers. also as mentioned make sure your firewall is off and if your running one other that windows firewall make sure win firewall is not also running.

have you tried pinging your ps3 from your pc that would be a good place to start so then you know they are seeing each other. If that works you could also try tversity in case your pc is having probs with ps3media server thats also easy to setup and tbh i prefer it and is free just google it after thats installed do the same goto video if tversity is not showing scan for media servers. also as mentioned make sure your firewall is off and if your running one other that windows firewall make sure win firewall is not also running.

Perfect thanks!! Fully working now!! THANKS EVERYONE THAT HELPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres what i did:

1) First connected my PS3 and Laptop to the same router (both wireless on same homegroup)
2) Made sure that my router was not blocking any commands/connections to each other.
3) Downloaded ps3mediaserver - Java Upnp Media Server, dedicated to PS3 - Google Project Hosting for Windows,
3.5) installed the program and a pop-up message appered in regards to the ps3, so i allowed it.
4) Restarted Laptop, PS3 and Router all around the same time,
4.5) Started up the ps3 media server,
5) Went into windows firewall to find that this box needed TO BE TICKED firewall allow thing.jpg>
6) (make sure on your computer desktop - to make a folder for easy use ''ps3 videos'' and ''ps3 music'' and ''ps3 photos'' so its easyer to find them e.t.c and make sure its set to: again.jpg)
7) Again restarted the laptop, then went back into the PS3 and it took around 30 seconds to show my laptop was on!
8) then its done! :D!

Last edited:
Back