Skybox S11 HELP common interface not available

huggy41

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI guys great sight and help.
please help if you can i am trying to fix my friends box is a f3 and stuck on load. but thats not why i'm here.
i have connected my s11 box to the computer and gone to device manager , i only have 1 com port on the mother board which uses a cable to a socket.
but does not show as haveing my box connected is this normal ?
also when i've brought up the menu on my box it says common interface not available . am i doing something wrong
do i have to some how enable the com port on my box and if so how.
sorry for such a long post

common interface has nothing to do with the com port.
You won't see any com port action unless you try to load or save a file to receiver.

ok so now the program and come port talk to each but i'm getting the statement set stb memory error . any idea's whats wrong and thanks for all your help sofar

the cable has to be correct,the receiver has to be off when you start the loader then turned on after you hit next on the loader.
Different models take different versions of the loader.(f3 is different)
You have to tick "include bootloader" when you do run the loader.

ok so now we are getting a bit further i now get the message OEM ID MISMATCH :grrrr:

but at least it' off the starting block just need to finish the race your help is ever so grateful.
how do i solve this.

got i bit more info now getting HARDWARE ID MISMATCH

Got it working thankyou all so very much . used different files in the end but it works and thats all that matters is there away i can upload the files that i used to help others

:Cheers:

uploaded the files and program used as promisted hope it helps someone else thank you all very much for your help and time .rep points to Slugworth cheers

Back