help.au fun

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
doing au fun ex c+w...followed tut to the letter...nothing???? question...after i have modded rom11 i re-checked bk and ird with boxkey reader... it keeps showing bk 00000000 and ird with wrong numbers... checked against image in nagra it showing first 8 numbers of bd3 ????is this correct.?

when u edit bk & ird in nagra4, make sure u then save the file image
ie,irratic.bn11.
then make sure this 1 go 's in the external eeprom.
put the crypthex 2 for your region in the flash box
put the crypthexeep.hex in the internal eeprom.
make sure fast write is off and hit program.
hope this helps::xmas:

done that mate adozen times still nothing on box.. i converted the altered bin to hex befor i wrote it as when i put the ext eep in the program said incorrect format. is that correct? or should i have continued to write as bin image?

mate you save the file as name.bin not bn11 it will then load in exteep . it is a fun4 i presume else it wont take it or the fun2 i had wouldnt .good luck .

got two fun4 mate. they will write to card fine but when i load the images it says format error unless i change it to hex...

just done one to double check mate heres wgat i done . programmer set to prussian2 ie fun4
opened ntl.bn11 file with nagra4.1 altered image with my ird bk etc ird backwards . saved but didnt save as rom10/11 etc chose all file and saved as myexteep.bin
then programmer on and erased fun4 double erased and loaded myeteep into exteep and wrote . then crypthexeep intp inteep and wrote then flash using crypthex2-ntl and wrote that .loaded ook and updated .

hey up teg. just done it again exactly how tut said and how you said... still nothing.left card in went into eng menu and said card not paired????tried turning ird around and re wrote. still says card not paired....is it supposed to with funcards?

not paired means the ird/bk is wrong i think mate . did you have it wrote down or saved the flash etc or maybe its just a typo etc . you can check the ird by looking on top of the scart socket inside the box and hopefully youve just typed it wrong .by the way ird backwards isnt literally backwards ie 12345678 would be 78563412 .

i got the ird and bk right mate.and tried it both ways.. i have another box that works..went in to engineers menu and the net id is different to the one i put in this box..but the database says its right.. have cc changed the area id ???

shuld be the same id as the working one mate . is it the same model box your using to the one you know works . i'm pure ntl and know a 4001 will find the net id . some of the others need it manually reset . think some boxes need surgery to work in the wrong region ie davic or docsis or whatever it is called.

they are both 1000 boxes. my area id should be 4063 but which is on the box i'm trying to get to work but the box i have working says net id 4060 ?????which i gather is manchester. i'm definately not there..the closest i got the box to work last night was channels 951 ,7, 0 .... does that help??? i'm ready throw it threw the window. was hoping get this one working for the misses so she would give me some peace lol.

cant help you mate not on them boxes . must be a easy way to change net id and at least try the fecker .

irratic said:
they are both 1000 boxes. my area id should be 4063 but which is on the box i'm trying to get to work but the box i have working says net id 4060 ?????which i gather is manchester. i'm definately not there..the closest i got the box to work last night was channels 951 ,7, 0 .... does that help??? i'm ready throw it threw the window. was hoping get this one working for the misses so she would give me some peace lol.

To change the netid on 1000 boxes you can either use a software called libby and a serial cable to connect to your box, or the funcard method of setting the netid

also i would check the freq in the engineers menu and ensure it matches your working one, if not you will need to change that as well.

Last edited:
I mite be wrong but I thought the fun4/au did not work in ex-cw area so you may be wasting your time

FUN AU help

teg said:
mate you save the file as name.bin not bn11 it will then load in exteep . it is a fun4 i presume else it wont take it or the fun2 i had wouldnt .good luck .

I have followed the Tut to the letter but only get a blank screen. I do get BBC1, 2, ITV1, CH4 and CH5.

I notice that my card might be a FUN 2 - on my USB programmer it comes up as "FUNCARD2" Memory "24c64". My card is green on one side with AT90(P1) written on it. On the other side there is picture of a woman with "open platform". It does not say whether it is Fun 2 or 4.

If it is a Fun 2 then will the Update not work? can I upgrade the card or do I need to get another card? I have a tit2 but that is not working at the moment.

thanks

Last edited:
as far as i know fun2 wont take the file m8 .might be wrong but i couldnt get it to work on fun2 i used fun4 no probs

im in ex cw mate, now using a fun4 that i wrote the other day and its still working fine...

hersida_bharat said:
I notice that my card might be a FUN 2 - on my USB programmer it comes up as "FUNCARD2" Memory "24c64".
thanks

to me it sounds like you have the auto verify/detect switched on, on your progger, i would switch it all off otherwise you will have problems progaming the card

Back