hello all about the 250 blue ntl modems

robovbolton

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all just wondered if anybody has sussed how to clone these ntl 250 modems my friend who works has said that it has been done it took the guys about 3 days to do it but it wont be ready for another weeks probs so he can make some money on it i dunno just wondering if ne1 has herd anything else here

My friend who works??
Works were and at what?(something cableie???)
I suppose if i discovered something like that i'd want to let it out slowly to savour it.
But i would let it out.
Sounds to good to be true?

robovbolton said:
hello all just wondered if anybody has sussed how to clone these ntl 250 modems my friend who works has said that it has been done it took the guys about 3 days to do it but it wont be ready for another weeks probs so he can make some money on it i dunno just wondering if ne1 has herd anything else here

NA i have heard all this before, they cant be done. i no someone in the who and they cant or havnt heard of it been done!!!

Last edited:
If you had a 250 dump you could do it,

Anyone tried taking the chip off and dumping a 200 on a 250 chip !!!

yar

he works for ntl he says its defo possible to get these boxes chipped im asking him like mad to gimme information but he aint for tellin me so i think i will have beat him up lmao ill keep u all informed if i here anything new

No offence m8 but normally if someone says they can do something then wont tell a living soul there talking bollox eh ;@) just a pointer there he might be for real but i doubt it l33tplay3r what u reckon m8ty?

gaz.t said:
If you had a 250 dump you could do it,

Anyone tried taking the chip off and dumping a 200 on a 250 chip !!!
you might as well try putting Red Hat on it . the DocSys chip is different in those modems. it will need different code i think there is a thread on here about someone failing to do this

right i dont normally jump threads but i just bought a SB5100e and i need the sigma SB5100i formware to convert mine to an I instead of E can anyone help? :Cheers: i have the modem in my hands and am seconds away from it working :S

Only possible way to clone a 250 is to find somebody in your area but on a different gateway with a subbed 250 lift the tsop take a dump and then copy it on to another 250 and bang you've just cloned a 250 now just gotta make sure you dont fcuk the subbed 250 when resoldering the tsop or somebody's in the brown sticky stuff. At the end of the day if you've got the rescources and the expertise to do it then why not otherwise dont bother.

Back