Heiliger Bimbam! Germany 0 Serbia 1

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Germany 0 Serbia 1

Wow. A famous win for Serbia that blows Group D wide open - they join Germany and Ghana on three points. The Germans, who had Miroslav Klose sent off for two softish bookings - are left to rue a missed penalty... they never really looked like equalising after that.

I think Germany lost to the referee tbh. I'd be surprised if he gets another game.

famous win? yes... surprisin win? hardly... the serbs are a very underrated team for me. seem to have a very good defence, decent attack with capable midfielders especially krasic...

I think Germany lost to the referee tbh. I'd be surprised if he gets another game.

you cant blame the ref yes he was shit but the germans had plenty of chances to win it it let alone draw it,

missing chances isnt down to the ref, both sides got treated the same both teams got soft bookings so it was still an even playing field had a serb with a yellow made another soft tackle from behing they would have walked too,

tbh the ref played it to the letter of the law soft maybe but he ws right YOU cant tackle from behind anymore, its in the rule book now.

as for vidic what the hell was he doing with the handball?

The ref had a terrible game imho too many soft bookings but that is his style, he likes to make his mark in the game early and did that, I'm sure they said he had produced 11 red cards in 18 games last season and something like 9 yellow cards today.

Serbia produced a very good performance and 1 which shocked me after watching Germanys 1st game in which they were the only team to really stand out and now have there work cut out with the game against Ghana.

To mee Vidic looked a shade of the player he was last season compared to the season before, he seems to be slower and making rash, stupid decisions such as the 1 today and a few last season.

Not sure who will progress now although you have to fancy Serbia with the game against the Aussies and Ghana could go 3 points ahead with victory against Australia which would leave them needing only a point to qualify and knock the Germans out :)

Back