Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze...

82 replies :(

if i have a problem im gonna get dutcho to ask it pmsl

w@nkers ;)

Sounds like the prob i had first up...goes down till u can't even view web pages...??

For me it's frustrating when i had a really fast setup with my ethernet switch :(:(:(:(:(

in the router setup...

In setup, then advanced routing, have you got that set to Gateway?

I ended up flashing a custom firmware to my wrt54g so I can't remember all the settings it had before.

Not really had a problem like yours unless you have your wireless on with no encryption, broadcasting the SSID and some neighbour is leeching all your bandwidth!

oh, one other thing to watch out for... if you are doing lots of torrents / emule, then you have to watch for using all your upstream channel (usually 256k) because that can affect your downloads. If you can, set some limits to how fast uploads can go, and play with the settings to see if that gets your downloads going faster again.

tep said:
in the router setup...

In setup, then advanced routing, have you got that set to Gateway?

I ended up flashing a custom firmware to my wrt54g so I can't remember all the settings it had before.

Not really had a problem like yours unless you have your wireless on with no encryption, broadcasting the SSID and some neighbour is leeching all your bandwidth!
Gateway set yes...but yep no encryption i think..since i flashed it i cant find that now ...:(

Also when you've turned ssid broardcast off make sure you rename the connection, the default name is Linksys, change this to something only you know :)

He he, its a lark this router stuff in it....after spending most of the w/e trying in vain to speed up d/l's have lost dc++ now after getting that to work with port forwarding....ahhhhhhhh....:( Wep encryption maybe ???

If WEP it working, you will not be able to talk to any other machine on the wireless network.

you must make sure your wep pw is correct on each box and on the router, bearing in mind the router is the master:)

there is a thread in a forum about a problem some people are having with the WRT54G when they get a high amount of traffic, especially with P2P connections (such as torrents etc)

You can read it yourself at h**p://groups.yahoo.com/group/WRT54G/message/102

That could be the same thing you have been getting Wiz.
But like you have said in a new thread, might be best to dump the router and stick to your switch :D

Hope you get things worked out one way or another.

Back