Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze...

Wiz

Senior Member +
Reaction score
Hello,

Ok, i installed a wireless broadband router at the w/e. After a reset of the router(cheers dutcho), all setup went fine and dandy and internet was speeding along nicely and all network access was fine - even my wireless dongle downstairs to stream my music to hi-fi was up and running(my xmas pressy from girlfriend).

However over the last couple of days i have seen my net speed diminish to the extent that i cant even open web pages now and d/l speeds that were up around 250 are now not even in double figures.

After a reboot i can for a few minutes open web pages and d/l speed is 25ish but soon drops and ends up unuseable....

Also when i setup router all my pc's on my network (4) were installed fine but now when i turn on other pc's where as they were recognised instantly network is showing as limited and workgroup cant be found. ???

Had a ethernet switch b4 which always worked fine...am new to wireless so not sure what to look for...

Have scanned for trojens and spyware and viri with the whole host of proggies i have and nothing...I really cant understand if it was working why i have no speed now......:(

Any help with this is most grateful guys and gals...

Regards

yep they are all set to my own workgroup...i have some machines working on the network which are always on, what i cant understand is in the past when i have had internet probs its worked or its not. In this case i have litterally watched the speed go down to vir nothing in two days???

Dutcho said:
OK conect your internet directly to one machine and see what speeds you get. The fault might not be at your end m8 ;)

Ok dutcho m8, will connect modem direct to pc1, and c if that speeds things up, cant get my head around why it was working fine and overnight has gone to nothing...nobody else seems to have had any similar probs who are using telewest... router blockage ????

Ok, when i got home did not evn have internet, so had compleatly gone...plummbed in modem direct and speeds back up all looking good, so what is causing router to work on install and then just slow down to a halt????

have you got service pack installed. i had to flash mine as it started to play up with it i gave the macker a call it was them who told me to flash it.

Back