Heart in mouth time

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a heart in mouth time, bought a new cpu fan for my system as the standard one made too much noise for me. Anyways unplugged it all and set about removing the old one.

I un did the clips but the heat sink still felt a bit bonded to the cpu to I tugged a wee bit more and up it popped, looked at the board and there was the hole where the quad core used to sat, it was still bonded to the cpu !

Sooo out with a stanley knife (tears in eyes) I couldn't put it straight back you see as the pin lock was still enaged so the pins wouldn't go back in holes. Anyway's off she popped and clattered onto the bench.

I carefully put it back in and reset the locking pin and fit the new fan, fired it up and wohoooo it still works and is quiet as a mouse :)

Thought I'd fooked it when it came away from the board.

that happens alot m8 seen loads do it a local compter shop

OOh! That looks like a Tuniq Tower or a Scythe Infinity. Was thinking of getting one myself recently. Let me know how good it is!

Fook knows, lol I changed it coz the standard one made too much noise, I am currently encoding a xvid at the mo cpu is at 38% and temp is 40c. I don't think I have ever managed to push the processor to 100% LOL

lol, sounds good! Are you running, (I assume you have a Q6600?) at stock, or is it overclocked?

WHY NOT PLAY more like! Got one myself, managed to get it to 3.2Ghz but the temps were 70-70C under load so I backed it off again. Great CPU!

Because he bought the AMD Phenom mate.

He is an AMD man, I could not persuade him to change to Intel.

If I could not persuade him now I don't think I ever will. :FRIGHT:

But those are decent temps for a Phenom under load mate.

digicol mate im an AMD man myself as well, never had any problems with them. always used amd but its time for a change now.
at the moment im running an old 3200+ with 1.5 gig ram and some shitty graphics card lol. this one is about 5 years old. but runs pretty well.
altho i do a lot of photo editing and video encoding im needing something a bit better.
the laptop runs much faster than the pc so im wanting to upgrade.

budget would be around 200 quid, thats processor, motherboard and ram. cheaper the better. also i dont mind waiting a month or 3 if there is something coming out later on or price drop due.

im wating something better than a t7500 thats on my laptop - and most importantly, something stable which the amd is.

Because he bought the AMD Phenom mate.

He is an AMD man, I could not persuade him to change to Intel.

If I could not persuade him now I don't think I ever will. :FRIGHT:

But those are decent temps for a Phenom under load mate.

Always been an AMD man myself, until Intel got out in front and stayed there. I just couldn't justify not making the switch. I'm hoping that a few years down the line AMD will wipe the floor with Intel and I'll be able to switch back.

Back