Heart in mouth time

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Just had a heart in mouth time, bought a new cpu fan for my system as the standard one made too much noise for me. Anyways unplugged it all and set about removing the old one.

I un did the clips but the heat sink still felt a bit bonded to the cpu to I tugged a wee bit more and up it popped, looked at the board and there was the hole where the quad core used to sat, it was still bonded to the cpu !

Sooo out with a stanley knife (tears in eyes) I couldn't put it straight back you see as the pin lock was still enaged so the pins wouldn't go back in holes. Anyway's off she popped and clattered onto the bench.

I carefully put it back in and reset the locking pin and fit the new fan, fired it up and wohoooo it still works and is quiet as a mouse :)

Thought I'd fooked it when it came away from the board.

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
that happens alot m8 seen loads do it a local compter shop

Trancemaster

Inactive User
OOh! That looks like a Tuniq Tower or a Scythe Infinity. Was thinking of getting one myself recently. Let me know how good it is!

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Well I certainly can't hear it, I have to keep loading software to make sure its still spinning, lol.

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Fook knows, lol I changed it coz the standard one made too much noise, I am currently encoding a xvid at the mo cpu is at 38% and temp is 40c. I don't think I have ever managed to push the processor to 100% LOL

Trancemaster

Inactive User
lol, sounds good! Are you running, (I assume you have a Q6600?) at stock, or is it overclocked?

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
No mate its running at stock, seem's fast enough so thought why play, lol.

Trancemaster

Inactive User
WHY NOT PLAY more like! Got one myself, managed to get it to 3.2Ghz but the temps were 70-70C under load so I backed it off again. Great CPU!

digicol

Inactive User
Because he bought the AMD Phenom mate.

He is an AMD man, I could not persuade him to change to Intel.

If I could not persuade him now I don't think I ever will. :FRIGHT:

But those are decent temps for a Phenom under load mate.

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member

digicol mate im an AMD man myself as well, never had any problems with them. always used amd but its time for a change now.
at the moment im running an old 3200+ with 1.5 gig ram and some shitty graphics card lol. this one is about 5 years old. but runs pretty well.
altho i do a lot of photo editing and video encoding im needing something a bit better.
the laptop runs much faster than the pc so im wanting to upgrade.

budget would be around 200 quid, thats processor, motherboard and ram. cheaper the better. also i dont mind waiting a month or 3 if there is something coming out later on or price drop due.

im wating something better than a t7500 thats on my laptop - and most importantly, something stable which the amd is.

Trancemaster

Inactive User

Always been an AMD man myself, until Intel got out in front and stayed there. I just couldn't justify not making the switch. I'm hoping that a few years down the line AMD will wipe the floor with Intel and I'll be able to switch back.

TEST