Hdmi to Hdmi....no sound

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a dvd upscaler hdmi player and I am trying to connect it to my Samsung hdtv.

I have a hdmi male to male lead and I can get the picture, even though it is not gr8 quality but NO sound, I have been looking all over the net and still can't get it to work, so I thought I would actually post and ask you lot. I am assuming it is something to do with TV setup.

Any help would be appreciated

im i right in thinking that hdmi doesnt connect sound? on my tv it has two phonos for the sound next to the hdmi

connects up ok on mine
try menu on dvd see if changing sound setup
also on tv
have a fiddle lol

sorry havent used it yet i just thought with the phono ports that may be the reason. hope you get it sorted mate

i have phonos on both componant and hdmi for some reason????? but you learn something new every day.

@rawsy....Hdmi does both video and audio.

I will try a different cable tomorrow and also mess around with both dvd and tv set ups again.

I did notice when googling for an answer that it is a very common problem. Strange I thought it was a quick plug and play connection.

Thanks for replies

Try posting over at AV Forums Home they are a helpfull lot, but when you do post the mack and model of the sourse and the make and model of the display, hope that helps.

whats wrong with this forum then?
Anyway, i would say to check your dvd settings, especially since it is a HDupscaler. Mostly this type of problem is because of confusion over Dolby sound. HDMI currently does not handle DolbyDigital sound, so it is only used to carry stereo connection. If you have a setting in the DVD set to DolbyDigital output then you may have to change it to PCM to hear anything on your tv.

whats wrong with this forum then?

Nothing wrong with these forums. they're great:Clap: :Clap:

Just that I think that they specialize in the source material, while Avforums specialize in the hardware.

I will have a read over there, but I just dont want to join any other forums.
Will check out dolby settings after work....thanks. :Cheers:

Back