HDMI Pci Express Graphics Card**Wanted**

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a nice and cheap one guys

gotta have hdmi socket,like the one below :)

41AAddp9lnL._SS500_.jpg

Thanks a lot m8 but Ive manged to find one :) £27 deliverd :)

I was wrong m8 :( its NOT hdmi after speaking to novatecka,though it states HDMI on there site it aint :(

so Im still looking if anyone can help :)

What about THIS one John .. £24.32

cheers guys :) Bronto your one is spot on m8

david your one is dvi and I alreadt have dvi card m8 wanted hdmi :)

I think I will end up getting a dvi to hdmi cable to be honest guys,found one on ebay for £17 delivered :)

What about THIS one John .. £24.32

I've got that card - cost me nearly £80 two years ago! Theres an internal SPDIF header to allow sound to be sent down the HDMI cable for a one cable solution.

However, I've since replaced it with an nVidia 8400GS with DVI to HDMI lead.

When running the x1600 over HDMI in XP, it would only remember its settings until next reboot (specifically 1280x768), but was fine over VGA. In Vista there was a colour space issue over HDMI.

I'm sure I'll play with it again soon...

They're right, you don't get sound over a DVI to HDMI cable/adapter. But you don't always need it, e.g. my 37" sammy has a 2xRCA associated with the HDMI2 input and I use a 3.5mm mini jack to stereo RCA to utilise the TV's speakers.

If you're after blu-ray/HD-DVD play back, worth noting that apparently SPDIF isn't HDCP compatible and playback may not be possible without AnyDVD-HD or the method I've already mentioned anyway - or, in my case, both :(

SPDIF header on the maplin card:
8600gt.jpg

As for the card it seems a tad over priced, especially compared to the card Bronto posted, but I cannot find it anywhere else and with the issues I had with the ATI you could be buying piece of mind. I'll have a look for another option...

Last edited:
I want to play back recordings from pc from sat tv card easiest way possible without to may wires and fussing about m8
I spoke to a guy who does this and he said hdmi from pc to tv works faultless

SPDIF header means nothing to me m8 lol Im not up on pc bits and bobs tbh

If you buy an ATI 3 series card you can get sound over DVI/HDMI adapter.

But you must get one with ATI's own adapter in the box as these are designed specially to carry sound, any other adapter will not work.

Palit do a 3850 with dedicated HDMI, but you are looking towards £70 or something if you can find anywhere that sells one.

According to the guy this one has the dongle that passes audio through. The card is quite fast also.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sapphire-RADE...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
thanks digicol :)

why wont hdmi pc to hdmi tv work then ?

How about this one mate?

I know it's over £80 but it is one heck of a monster of a card. Will handle much higher resolutions than that 8600, this card blitzes it in every aspect and is a decent price at £82. A worthwhile investment, but pleas note that it is not a small card, so if you are wanting something small or a sinlge slot design then this is no good as it looks like it uses space for 2 slots.

"Take a look at all those ports! Palit did a nice job here: in addition to the standard 2 DVI ports, there is also a HDMI port, and a SPDIF port for audio. And new for the 9600GT, we now have a DisplayPort. as well. Get used to these DisplayPorts, as they are going to be come the new 'de facto' interface standard for digital displays. Designed by VESA, one DisplayPort is capable of higher performance than a dual link DVI interface, and can carry audio signals as well."

ports_pic_thumb.jpg

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=772613

Here is a review on it, it seems to be clocked higher than other 9600Gt cards.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/palit9600gtsonic/

very nice :) but im sure it has far more on it than I need

I think Ill go for the maplin one as its only down the road and if anything is wrong I can take it straight back

Back