Hdmi issue

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, got a samsung smart tv, got my pc, xbox and android connected to the 3 hdmi ports on the tv..all work except hdmi3/dvi?..tried 5 different cables still same , black screen, tried swapping devices to this input, but still same..is this a normal hdmi input? See pic..ta15872191777973374436036822648645.jpg

Had this issue on a Philip’s tv a few years ago think the port must have got corrupted some how. I think @chookey could she’d some light on this.

Could be a number of things to be honest. Assuming you've tried the other devices in there to prove that port isn't working, it could be

The socket is damaged
The hdmi controller ic or one of it's components are defective
The hdmi firmware has been corrupted due to hotswapping.

I use this to test the continuity of suspect sockets. Nice and cheap. Replacing one of these takes a little skill and the right equipment.
If the controller is faulty you will need to take it to a professional. You might be able to find the dump for the hdmi online, sometimes this can also involve you needing to remove and reprogram a chip though.
I no longer have access to dumps as I stopped paying my subs when I came out of the trade.
If you can't get by without it I would suggest you take it to your local tv engineer when safe to do so.
HDMI.jpg

thanks guys but i think my tv may be still under warranty from jhon lewis..need to check..? i can still get away with using the 2 hdmi inputs

Back