Other Hdmi encoder

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

does anyone have any experience of hdmi encoders?
I have spotted this
Encoder H.264 HDMI Video Encoder 1080P Full HD 1920x1080 60FPS HDCP XE3A | eBay
It seems to be exactly what I am after. The price seems very good compared to the other things I am seeing like this.
i just want to distribute my stb around the house using fire sticks and the like. This is why I don’t want to part with too much cash.

thanks

not quite sure what that does and how it works, How do you receive the signal and on what device?

What receiver do you currently have?

If its enigma2 you can use Kodi to do what you want on fire sticks with no cost

It’s not a stb. I have probably put this in the wrong place.
the device transmits what it receives from hdmi over i.p as a stream.
I don’t have any experience of iptv but have some with ip cameras and cctv streams. I am assuming it’s a similar thing.

Last edited:
so you are trying to re transmit IPTV?

really tall us what you are trying to do then we may be able to help

I want to be able to transmit video and audio from a hdmi source and stream it like iptv but just on my local network.

But that would just give you a single channel is that what you want?

Yes.

What I am asking is has anyone around here done this?
What android app would be best to receive the stream? I know VLC would probably do it. I would rather something that started up on the video.
The device I posted appears to be what I want but I was hoping for confirmation that it will do and doesn’t glitch or whatever.
It seems we don’t have anyone with transmitting experience around here though. At least in this manor.

I've not had any experience with the item you posted @rawsy but a friend who is always trying to pipe TV around his house has tried various systems and the little black chinese boxes don't seem to last very long.
I use > THESE < , they send the signal over RF (which is handy if you already have a co-ax network) and can be received on any TV with a MPEG4 (HD) tuner without the need for a separate receiver at the other end. It also has IR return so in theory you can change channel from the remote location(s) in much the same way as the old Sky magic eye system.
I have a system in a local bar/restaurant with 8 of them stacked so that any TV on the premises can display any one of the 8 STB's. In HD!

I've not had any experience with the item you posted @rawsy but a friend who is always trying to pipe TV around his house has tried various systems and the little black chinese boxes don't seem to last very long.
I use > THESE < , they send the signal over RF (which is handy if you already have a co-ax network) and can be received on any TV with a MPEG4 (HD) tuner without the need for a separate receiver at the other end. It also has IR return so in theory you can change channel from the remote location(s) in much the same way as the old Sky magic eye system.
I have a system in a local bar/restaurant with 8 of them stacked so that any TV on the premises can display any one of the 8 STB's. In HD!

That looks pretty good. I may be swayed by it. Thanks. I had considered similar dvb modulators but didn’t realise the existed with ir support.

why not just mirror the screen?

I can’t mirror the screen. I am trying to redistribute a hdmi source over I.p.

I was hoping to use a stream as I could network it through the house. I could even maybe access outside my house also. I was also attracted to the cheap price on the linked item.

I have some thinking to do.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

sorry thought you were trying to share an IPTV stream if you are use an android box to get the stream them mirror it if not tell us what you are trying to do then we may have answers the box you have pointed at may work but we dont really know what you are trying to do

sorry thought you were trying to share an IPTV stream if you are use an android box to get the stream them mirror it if not tell us what you are trying to do then we may have answers the box you have pointed at may work but we dont really know what you are trying to do

I want to take video from a hdmi source like a sky box (not an android box) and stream it over network to receive it with fire sticks or tablets or anything that can receive a stream. To redistribute the video signal.

I liked the price on the box in the link. I hoped someone would have done this around here and could let me know if it was a good option, so I didn’t waste my money. Clearly no one has done this in this way.

Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not got a clue about this but looks good lol

Back