hdmi+av

suds

DW Member ++
Reaction score
i recently set up my fatherinlaws virgin hd box. with hdmi cable .problem is before with the old box and dvd connected by scarts when you put on the dvd player it would switch to that automaticly and back to tv when stoped.now with cable box hdmi and dvd with scart you have to go into av on remote to switch between.is there a way round this thanks.

if the dvd wont switch when switched on (scart control) then i dont think there is a way round it. if it did switch then while the player is off leave the tv on the hdmi (cable) and switch the dvd on and off accordingly.

that would be because you most likely had the dvd plugged into the v+ box then one from V+ up to the tv. When the dvd switched on the cablebox prioritised that signal and let it through the chain. In your TV there will be auto switch for both scart and HDMI but it will prioritise HDMI every time you switch on the DVD meaning the dvd wont flick over the input anymore.

One thing to try is to put the v+ box in standby then grabbing the television remote and switching the set from the hdmi input to the analogue tuner. Next switch on the v+ box this will make the set flick over to hdmi, when you switch off the v+ box the set should return to analogue and from there when you switch on the dvd it should auto change to your scart input et voilla

this is sound in theory although some sets wont work like this and some cableboxes always send signal through the scart regardless of whether it is in standby or operational

different sets are wierd nowadays. before scart control worked on most sets. my tv doesnt switch with hdmi but my amp does? and all the tvs i have come accross wont switch with hdmi. i would have thought it was a simple feature and a welcomed one.

it is odd, i suppose if they leave it disabled you are more likely to buy a new dvd recorder that is compatible with the hdmi-cec control and if you do the chances are you will choose their brand recorder to guarantee compatibility

didnt notice you beat me to it rawsy :Clap:

thanks for the replys guys.looks like he will just have to make do with it the way it is.not a big deal really just thougt i maybe missed something in the way i set it up.thanks anyway.

Back