HDD Media Player Any Good !!

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am interested in buying this HDD palyer from ebay as i cant be asked burning dvd,s onto disk would rather drag and drop and play straight through

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150241404331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

The price including P&P is £58.97. It even has an HDMI port. I have looked at other media players such popcorn hour and istarHD but these are too expensive they go for abput £130. This plays DivX which is basically the same format as the movies from torrent.

If people have any suggestions on this or any other media player they know off please let me know

thanks

Hello. I am interested in buying this HDD palyer from ebay as i cant be asked burning dvd,s onto disk would rather drag and drop and play straight through

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150241404331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

The price including P&P is £58.97. It even has an HDMI port. I have looked at other media players such popcorn hour and istarHD but these are too expensive they go for abput £130. This plays DivX which is basically the same format as the movies from torrent.

If people have any suggestions on this or any other media player they know off please let me know

thanks

I would be extremely wary as the quoted resolution for progressive is 620p which as far as i am aware is not a standard, It will however give you 1080i through the HDMi port which seems to suggest for the price it uses a either a very cheap alternative to the sigma chipsets or a very old sigma chipset which is reasonably outdated now.

I would suggest either sourcing a Snazzio or Tvix second hand as they will at least allow the basic resolution of 720p HD ouput but may give you a better picture with the 1080i dependant on your LCD or plasma and how good the de interlacing is.

Why not go for an upscaling DVD player with a USB port and a FAT32 formatted pen drive or external hard drive? Most players cost less than that media player too.

I know players some have a 512Mb limit but I've had a FAT32 formatted 300Gb external hard drive hooked upto a Philips DVP5980.

If you don't need the 1080p upscale of the DVP5980, check out the DVP5960 is the same but 720p/1080i.

Back