HD recorder recomendations please

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, can any of you guys and girls out there reccomend a HD or a DVD/HD combi. It has to be cheap and be able to cope with a dox. 10 points goes to the best :) I know argos is doing one for around 260 dvdHD combi. but i was thinking along the lines of much cheapness. While im at it can any of you guys confirm that the dox will work with one of these devices???? cheers gang save me time fookin around with vlc etc and getting my xbox modded for the job.

i heard the there is new one call replay box, check datageeks website for more info

wenglishboy said:
Hi, can any of you guys and girls out there reccomend a HD or a DVD/HD combi. It has to be cheap and be able to cope with a dox. 10 points goes to the best :) I know argos is doing one for around 260 dvdHD combi. but i was thinking along the lines of much cheapness. While im at it can any of you guys confirm that the dox will work with one of these devices???? cheers gang save me time fookin around with vlc etc and getting my xbox modded for the job.
As far as I know, there are no set-top devices available that will record the original stream from the Dbox without re-compressing it and losing quality. You can only do that by recording to your PC, Xbox, NAS drive, or any other server based device.

I will search for replay box but "junior member" verses "member ++" i guess im fighting a loosing battle, but still have to give it a go. When you say loosing quality does this mean it will be shite to watch or shitier than shite to watch. I can handle some loss in quality as long as its watchable. Im not after recording to dvd

I can recommend the LG HDD dvd recorders. I have the RH-7900H - 250GB hdd and loads of features. Plays divx/Xvid as well, so the complete list of playback in my book. Three models to choose from:
rh-7500 - 80GB hdd - approx £260
rh-7800 - 160GB hdd - approx £320
rh-7900h - 250GB hdd - approx £400

abaddon.

wenglishboy said:
I will search for replay box but "junior member" verses "member ++" i guess im fighting a loosing battle, but still have to give it a go. When you say loosing quality does this mean it will be shite to watch or shitier than shite to watch. I can handle some loss in quality as long as its watchable. Im not after recording to dvd
Quality is such a subjective area, I wouldn't want to force my opinion on you by descxribing the loss as "shite" or anything else. From previous discussions on the subject, a few DVD recorder owners have mentioned they can't see any difference, so maybe you're in that camp. I didn't want to put you off buying one, just wanted to make sure you knew there was a difference between this option and using the Dbox's own recording methods.

Back