HD Films on 360???

Dave Mckenzie

Inactive User
Reaction score
How can i play mkv files on my 360??? my mates got loads of rips and they play prefect on his ps3 with a mod he downlaoded.

Can some1 help me please???

Thanks

Dave

mkv needs to be transcoded for playback the PS3 and Xbox360 mate, you're mate hasn't told you the full story.

Neither machine supports this codec yet.

You'll need to transcode the mkv into an alternative compatible codec, TVersity or Transcode360 will do this for you.

well he lent me a copy of happy feet, the file itself ended with the extension mkv and he put it in the ps3 and it played, i put it in the 360 and it didnt, when i questioned my mate about it, he said he just installed a program he got off a mate to his ps3.

If i use one of the above programs will they still play in HD?

In that case I'm completely lost!

I've never seen a ps3 or 360 being able to playback mkv without it first being transcoded.

You'll loose picture quality mate the amount of loss will depnd on the quality of your LAN.

You can however use GOTsent to transcode the files to MP4, this will leave the picture quality intact and will create a standalone file which you can burn to a dvd if you want to keep a copy of it.

right, im gona download a wmv hd file, ive got a 500gig xt HD......

can i create a partition on that, format it to fat 32 and put stuff i want on the 360 on that, ie mp3s, films etc?

He would have changed his mkv into a vob file or m2ts file which takes no time at all and still keeps 5.1 audio and the avc video just in a diffrent header the xbox cant play these you can transcode to mp4 with the xbox but needs to change the audio to 2 channels i think

you have to format your hard drive as a mac drive so the 360 recognises it. just search the main 360 section and you will get the files needed. the 360 wont recognise anything over 2 gig i think but wmv hd is the way to go

Yup, those HD-WMV are stunning quality. :)

merlins portal now has a newsgroup section for films encoded in wmv hd for the xbox360 and films encoded in avchd for the ps3

Back