HD-DVD HMV Price Cuts, prices from £3.99

fizsparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Was looking on another site and found this, it looks like HMV have been doing this sale for a few days. They've got HD DVD's which start at £3.99 and go up in price depending on what you choose.

For £3.99 you get stuff like Ocean's 13, Hotel Babylon the whole series 3 (I think its that), and also movies Hot Fuzz and others...

Might wanna have a look here.

Amazing prices! I feel like buying a HD DVD player just for that catalogue.

Nice post.

hd dvd is dying. thats why they are so cheap

pretty much common knowledge now mate but all the same if you allready have the player like me, im buying them due to them being cheaper than blue ray quality is practically the same and when they stop selling them ill still keep old of my player so might aswell buy in the classics, was scarface ever realeased on hd? thanks.

I still cant make up my mind. Does anyone know what the cheapest HD DVD player is? I dont mind buying second hand from ebay.

Are there any good cheap dual BluRay and HD DVD players out there?

I looked on ebay and you can pick up a Xbox HD DVD player for £25!!!! Surely these discs are a bargain as you can rip them to a media centre and still have the originals as backup.

I'm going to pull the trigger tonight unless someone can convince me that this is a bad deal or a bad idea. I have a few of the films already from newsgroups stored on my HD. I was considering ripping my entire collection to DL DVD but even then some of the films are too big to strore on one disc. LOL it sounds like I'm talking myself into it.

I'm going to pop into my local HMV now for a looksy anyway.

Are there any good cheap dual BluRay and HD DVD players out there?

The best dual player is the LG BH200 however not available in the UK but can be had from sites in Belguim & Switzerland. It also available from the US but would require a step down convertor for the power supply.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LG-Super-Blu-...ash=item130231985913&&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

It can be made multi-regional for DVD & Blu-ray (HD-DVD is not regional coded) via firmware updates.

Reports are its a good player and should set you back about £500

Crazy

Thank you for the link crazy. I just spent over a hundred notes over at HMV so I'm going to be needing that dual format player :Cheers:

I've decided to buy a cheap Xbox 360 HD DVD add on to use with my HTPC :blushing:

I thought that I better had not splash out too much for a technology that will be wiped out very soon. You can pick up these drives for silly amount on ebay. I'm going to keep an eye out for the EP30 second hand on ebay as a backup machine. It seems that the firesale of HD DVD components is over :(

Watching series 1 of Battlestar Galactica will be worth the outlay alone. Its going to be nice owning some originals in HD.

Thanks for the advice on the hardware gents.

Last edited:
Back