HD channels not clearing

Ok purchased the amp from the bay..see how it goes when I get it..

Last edited:
Hi sorry guys....konig amp came but wasn't home. Will pick up from local post office tommorow....anyway, I have my bros box here connected up with my line..all channels working perfectly..my box is at bro's house which is working perfectly as well..snr levels similar at both homes around 60-69 % signal level...so what the problem was I do not know, I'm gonna bring my box back home tommorow and see if problem is still there, if it is a complete reflash with new bh image...will report back...been kinda busy as well..

Hi sorry guys....konig amp came but wasn't home. Will pick up from local post office tommorow....anyway, I have my bros box here connected up with my line..all channels working perfectly..my box is at bro's house which is working perfectly as well..snr levels similar at both homes around 60-69 % signal level...so what the problem was I do not know, I'm gonna bring my box back home tommorow and see if problem is still there, if it is a complete reflash with new bh image...will report back...been kinda busy as well..

Tuners even of the same type and make can differ.

Suspect yours has the less sensitive tuner and your bros connection is just a tad better. Convince the amplifier will cure it mate.

Stick this in ebay mate
KONIG AMP-PRO30
That's extremely difficult to get hold off.

I see a 2nd hand PRO20 for about £20, or, ebay item code 391614621380 for £25 new.

Do you think 391614621380 would be any good?

That's extremely difficult to get hold off.

I see a 2nd hand PRO20 for about £20, or, ebay item code 391614621380 for £25 new.

Do you think 391614621380 would be any good?

Does not have slope buy one with GC ans SC from same brand.

well guys - got my ultimo back and hooked it up , working perfectly now, its very strange, signal leverls around 65-69% now on all channles...so i gues i bought the amplifier for nothing...i reckon it was my superhub which may have some intermittent problem, anyway rang virgin media told them about issues i was having with superhub..they gonna send me out the new white one..guess i dont need this amplifier..so if anyone wants it let me know...or ill put it on the bay or local paper..

well guys - got my ultimo back and hooked it up , working perfectly now, its very strange, signal leverls around 65-69% now on all channles...so i gues i bought the amplifier for nothing...i reckon it was my superhub which may have some intermittent problem, anyway rang virgin media told them about issues i was having with superhub..they gonna send me out the new white one..guess i dont need this amplifier..so if anyone wants it let me know...or ill put it on the bay or local paper..

If your feed drops to 60% again youll be back to square one.

I was going to ask if you tried the booster... It should put you in the high 80% range

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was going to ask if you tried the booster... It should put you in the high 80% range

Exactly id up the GC to take the signal into the 80s then turn the SC till is starts to effect the GC figure then back it off a tad.

So do I connect the main cable coming into the house into the input of this amp..and then the output from the amp into a spliter...from which 1 output goes to superhub and the other to the ultimo Cable tuner?

So do I connect the main cable coming into the house into the input of this amp..and then the output from the amp into a spliter...from which 1 output goes to superhub and the other to the ultimo Cable tuner?

Yes mate just like that. Watch the signal levels on the hub it may need a attenuator. If you want to avoid that put the splitter in before the booster with one feed going directly to the modem and the other to the booster and then on to the box.

I've connected everything as it should...direct cable feed into splitter, one output from splitter to Vu,ultimo...other output from splitter into input of amp...output of amp to modem...sc and gc slightly adjusted...absolutely no change to snr levels, infact the opposite, it's brought them down to 60%..messing with gc and sc...no affect at all...

I have my incoming feed going to booster then the out put to splitter going to Box and router. Router has 6db attenuator.

It should come with euro plug and adapter. Just make sure its powered up and lights on.

Try the screw adjustment the opposite direction...

Still no improvement..connected as I suggested.still doesnt improve signal..still has the opposite effect, brings ant down..anyway removed the amp now doesnt work..connected my superhub back up..all channels working fine snr 60 - 69%....oh well...will see how snr are on new superhub 3.0 tommorow..lol

Amp powers up fine..green light..seems to be working but doesnt improve signal..I don't have a 6db attenuator fitted..

Its not working mate something wrong there. Is the SC turned of when you turn the GC UP ?

Go direct from incoming feed to amp to box leave off the modem to keep it simply. If the GC does not increase the signal the amps goosed.

Yes sc is all the way down...Bought it new from ebay..mailed seller assures me 100% working..has 100% feedback...anyway I cut the two pin plug off and put a 3 pin UK plug so cant really return it...I'll try what you says above tommorow..

Its not working mate something wrong there. Is the SC turned of when you turn the GC UP ?

Go direct from incoming feed to amp to box leave off the modem to keep it simply. If the GC does not increase the signal the amps goosed.

done as above it doesnt improve the signal at all...SC is turned off, slif=ght increases in GC doesnt do anything to the signal. Infact increases in Gc cause the signal level to fall...

Back