Hay Fever!!!!

beany_123456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Will there ever be a cure for hayfever?

I'm sure i read an article a couple of years ago stating that a cure for hayfever allergy would be available in 3-5yrs.. was this true?

No idea mate but I hope it's true.........................I've been suffering really badly since Friday!!

The problem i have is that when i get hayfever my asthma get worse.

I never had hay fever until i was 17. I had lived all my life in rural villages then when I move to a large town I got hay fever. It just came out of the blue and I thought i was dying!

Luckily my hayfever doesn't really get bad until july, so while a lot of people are running around suffering in May and June I'm fine, my bad months are July and August, that must be when the pollen I'm sensitive to starts appearing.

A cure would be amazing, but until then I'll just keep buying Cetrizine Hydrochloride from Safeway ;)

My GF never had hay fever untill she moved to the UK, I also have it but whenever I travel abroad during the problem months it never affects me.

I took part in a test about 10 years ago now with some homeopathic remedies. For about 5 years I never had any problems, then they came back - but not as severe.

I've tried all kinds to be honest, nothing really works for me....

Only solution i have is, i start taking a dosage daily starting from March and when i get to MAY/JUNE/JULY i feel ok.... but guess what ?? i didnt do that this year and im foorkked....

I hope a cure comes out soon coz i cant hack it anymore....

i was working outside on saturday for 15 hours solid and my hayfever was killing me, i'm still paying for it today but the wages were worth it lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just finished cutting the grass, oh bloody hell that didnt help :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I never had hay fever until this year !! The edge of my eye lids feel like they have bites on them :( sooo itchy. Affect my vision as well, Have to keep blinking.

Luckly I get free piriton from docs :) so that keeps cap on it :)

My Wife suffers from Hayfever which means i have to suffer from it to with her moaning lol. But applys some vaseline up her nose when it's meant to be a high pollen count and seems to work for her.

also found this bit of info that might help you guys

To lessen symptoms you need to avoid contact with the allergens, which cause your symptoms. To prevent hay fever try the following tips:

Keep doors and windows shut at home and in your car on high pollen count days.
Wear sunglasses or glasses when outdoors.
Avoid mowing or weeding the lawn in the summer and avoid lying on freshly cut grass.
Apply a thin layer of Vaseline™ just inside nostrils to trap pollen.
Wash your clothes after going out, as pollen can stick to your garments.
Keep your bedding clean.
Shower or bathe before going to bed to wash off pollen in your hair and on your skin.
Avoid going outdoors in the early evening when the pollen count is usually at its highest.
To prevent perennial allergic rhinitis symptoms try the following:

Dust and vacuum your house regularly to minimise the presence of dust and therefore the dust mite.
Use special bed and pillow coverings.
Hot wash all bedding at least once a week.
Avoid having pets but if you do, bathe them regularly, keep them outside and never allow them in the bedroom.

I never had hay fever until this year !! The edge of my eye lids feel like they have bites on them :( sooo itchy. Affect my vision as well, Have to keep blinking.

Luckly I get free piriton from docs :) so that keeps cap on it :)

How on earth do you get free piriton?

How on earth do you get free piriton?

Docs told me to go to chemist, Under the minor ailments scheme I get them free because im disabled an unable to work at the moment. Although dont know if its because im on benefit i get them free or not, You might be able to get them mate :) just ask about the scheme in your chemist.

i never suffered from hay fever until 2005 that was 26 years without no blocked nose, sneezing, itchy eyes only my brother and mother suffered with it, then 2005 came along and whack, full on.

This year has been awful, i got eye drops, nasal spray, and tablebts, they all work short term but only for a few hours then im off again, today i had to pull up becuase i had my baby in the car and my eyes were just begging for a scratch lol.

i have read theres an increase of 5% of sufferes in the uk alone within 2 years and it seems to be increasing in 30- 40 year olds, hay fever usually only got to pre-teens or teenages but with (what i read) global warming effecting the climate you will see a major increase in pollen hence more sufferes in years to come.

Ive never been to the doctors over it, do you think i should just go there, i suffer with asthma, not that bad but lately ive been wheezing really bad

jammoboss; said:
i never suffered from hay fever until 2005 that was 26 years without no blocked nose, sneezing, itchy eyes only my brother and mother suffered with it, then 2005 came along and whack, full on.

This year has been awful, i got eye drops, nasal spray, and tablebts, they all work short term but only for a few hours then im off again, today i had to pull up becuase i had my baby in the car and my eyes were just begging for a scratch lol.

i have read theres an increase of 5% of sufferes in the uk alone within 2 years and it seems to be increasing in 30- 40 year olds, hay fever usually only got to pre-teens or teenages but with (what i read) global warming effecting the climate you will see a major increase in pollen hence more sufferes in years to come.

Ive never been to the doctors over it, do you think i should just go there, i suffer with asthma, not that bad but lately ive been wheezing really bad

I looked at your avatar and Witchy's avatar and if thats what hayfever does to you I'm bloody glad i'm fever free
:banana::banana::Clap::Clap:

Back