Hawaii Five-O remake in the works

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
It’s time to say "aloha" to Hawaii Five-O again!

Taking a blast from the past, CBS is currently developing an updated version of its classic '80s cop drama.

Criminal Minds mastermind and executive producer Ed Bernero will be at the helm of the series, described as Hawaii Five-O 2.0, and the showrunner is determined to keep it true to its roots.

"We will try to keep as much of the original show as possible," Bernero told THR. "I'm not trying to reinvent it."

Like its parent, which centered on a fictional Hawaiian police department, 2.0 will film on location in Hawaii, but some things will be slightly different. The team's unit is no longer to be led by Steve McGarrett (Jack Lord), but rather by McGarrett's son, Chris. The role has yet to be cast.

And that iconic theme song? It's coming back, but will be jazzed up for the adaptation.

The original Hawaii Five-O aired on CBS for 12 seasons, from 1968-1980, and held the record for longest-running crime drama until Law & Order surpassed it five years ago

I don't really care for the new show, just as long as the opening and closing credits remain in the old format.

What next ChIPS?

or

Streets of San Francisco
Kojac

Ahhhh Kojak, the most famous bald man in the world. Even my non english speaking parents used to watch Kojak. The series started in 73 fellas...we're getting on LOL

Ahhhh Kojak, the most famous bald man in the world. Even my non english speaking parents used to watch Kojak. The series started in 73 fellas...we're getting on LOL

The sales of lollies also increased during the series....you did buy the lollies didnt you munkey ???

As for Hawaii five-O. I never ever seen an episode, I know what it is but never seen any.

The sales of lollies also increased during the series....you did buy the lollies didnt you munkey ???

As for Hawaii five-O. I never ever seen an episode, I know what it is but never seen any.

:Laugh: If you ate a lollipop and didn't say Kojak at least once when you was a kid it only meant one thing - you didn't have a telly.

I don't remember a single episode from Hawaii five-O. Just watch the opening and closing credits around 1000 times and the show becomes a classic. Strangely I do remember two of the characters faces quite clearly

Back