Having Trouble reading original NTL card with Infinity USB

M

martinmacca

Hi, ive just got an Infinity USB Phoenix and have put the original NT-L card in so i can try and save the hex file to retrieve the BK & IRD. Im getting the following error:
Opening of COM1 was successful
Reset failed
Error reseting card, ATR string invalid
Closing of COM1 was successful
So far ive ran the Infinity software, put it into Phoenix Mode 3.68Mhz, then ive put Nagraedit in 98/ME compatability mode and ran it, tried to read my smartcard which gave me that error. Im using the Infinity with a USB cable - not serial.
Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
have alook in the engineers menu to make sure the cards not locked and post the revsion and it might sound stupid but make sure the cards in the right way round :)

Like Jonesy said make sure that the card is right way up. With infinity unlimited it has the gold chip facing upwards, probably the same as yours.

I don't know the infinity usb phoenix, but the unlimited has to have the virtual com port activated under tools.Until I realised this I used to get the atr invalid screen.

Regards............Chookey:xmas:​

Ok i've tried the card both with the chip up and down, i've been into the engineers menu and the card says
Installation Summary:
Lock Status:Unlocked
I cant see the virtual com port option on the tools menu in the Infinity Software or Nagraedit software
I've popped in another smartcard that i use for the canteen at work & it read that fine, its nothing to do with using a usb connection instead of a serial connection is it ?
This is the programmer im using
http://www.infinityusb.com/default.asp?show=productsdetail&ProductID=7

Last edited by a moderator:
same programmer as me mate as far as am aware you have to use the serial cable to use nagra edit mate you cant just use the usb cable.

so plug in the serial cable into com port 1 then try again and let us no what happens

Yep the serial cable did the job
Managed to get some info :) Just got to read some info to interprete it now

how can you use a usb phoenix infinity and make it into a com port as i am runnig a laptop with no com port connection.

naynesh said:
how can you use a usb phoenix infinity and make it into a com port as i am runnig a laptop with no com port connection.

you can read & write funcards & atmegas with usb port, com port used for 3rd party software when doing moscs , tits, ect..

can i read mosc card from usb phonix, i dont have srial cable, is there any software that can support usb and read mosc.

infinity usb

i've got infinity usb when u open the software u go 2 tools and virtual com port set a com port 1 or 2 etc. then when u open nigra edit go to tools then options then communications and set the communication port the same as your virtual com port on infinity. think that is how you do it,make sure your infinity has the latest software though.

Hi all,

I get exactly the same message. Only just purchased my Phoenix USB (not unlimited version). I have connected to both USB & Seriel and still receive the following message:

Opening of COM1 was successful
Reset failed
Error reseting card, ATR string invalid
Closing of COM1 was successful

Please help?

think ive sussed your problem

plug in both the usb and serial cable

choose pheonix mode 3.68mhz and pheonix reset mode (mine was set to smartmouse )

and it should work

when i changed from smartmouse to pheonix it returned data from the card
now have to use noviceangels guide to see if i can get bk and ird

cheers steve

Back