Having to restart mgcamd 1.35a

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am having to restart mgcamd 1.35a several times a day. Running an original vu duo and xtrend box. I switched from cccam 2.1.3 and viewing quality is much better but i have to restart mgcamd a lot.

Not a big deal at the end of the day but still would like it resolved. Any idea why this is happening, I'm on the latest vix image....

why are you using a very old cam,you should be using 1.38 mgcamd on multituner boxes.other cam is 2.30 for cccam.download from plugins.

Ok I will switch to mgcamd 1.38. Is there anything relevant in mg_cf that should be changed. My newcamlist file looks like this

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS =

you only need the CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 in the newcamd.list file everything else can be removed then just enter your line

also in vix softcam menu there is an option to enable restart aswell

you only need the CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 in the newcamd.list file everything else can be removed then just enter your line

Just out of curiosity Digi what's the 300 stand for ? .I'm only asking cause I was told to use 60

Just out of curiosity Digi what's the 300 stand for ? .I'm only asking cause I was told to use 60

Quick search of Google:

What is KEEP-ALIVE = 300 and why you are afraid when its value is increasing in your Connection history?

The first line - CWS_KEEPALIVE sets the time in seconds after which the emulator MgCamd verifies connection to the server for car***aring spelled out in the port settings. Apply in the case of using NAT router, which disconnects inactive connections or when you open encrypted channels after the transition from open to them. In the second line CWS_INCOMING_PORT given port to listen for incoming connections from the server, this line can be omitted.
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 means that MgCamd keep an idle connection alive for 300 seconds (5 minutes).
Simply speaking, even in idle condition (stand-by mode), your receiver sends requests to the server in order the connection to the server to be uninterrupted.
Each 5 minutes, your receiver sends a service command to the server, and the server sends response to the receiver. In such a way, this connection is kept alive.
The value 300 is an optimum value, and don't worry that in your connections history, it may increase.
The main thing in your history is the line with No violations of server rules detected! statement.
It is good that the keep-alive value is increasing, it should be so. Opposite, if it is too low, it means that your receiver is sending too frequent requests. In this case, you will be notified that some rules are violated and you need to take measures to avoid being banned.

Recommended time of delay between keepalive requests sending is 300 seconds.
Extreme value - 60 seconds.
Users sending requests more frequently than 1 time per 60 seconds, will be marked in the connection history as violating rules. They also will see warning that keep alive parameter is wrong in their settings.
The users sending requests to the server once per 1-5 seconds, most likely will be banned.

keep alive 60 is better for cable I have been using this for years with no problems

Back