Has the TM 500/600 Died a death?

dj1981ni

Inactive User
Reaction score
We've gone from having a host of images to 1 that doesn't work correctly, Rarely mentioned on here now, have they gone the same way as the TM1000 range

Just out of interest what is wrong with yours?

I am using a tm600 at the moment and am not having any trouble. Saying that i am not using all of its fetures. Would be interested in whats not working for you though.

@manx

They now have to sell TM800, don't hope that TM600/TM500 bugs will ever be solved, and new functions like smargo and usb wifi added.

By the way, why was the EDG-Nemesis v5.0 BETA1 for TM600, removed from the forum? I'm using it now, it has the same bugs as others (CCcam server, wide-screen, sound out of sync...), but is my favourite atm.

It's really a shame that linux receivers with good hardware like ipbox, azbox and itgate/technomate have crappy software support, and receivers like dreambox have great software support, but crappy hardware.

Is it so hard for itgate to invest in real teams like Dream-Elite, EDG and Pli, instead of the less expensive coders like ur and ds team. They must think that since it's a linux receiver, their clients will write code for free, so they don't have to pay for software support, it's dumb, good coders don't work for free (linux or not), dream multimedia pays a lot for the software that exists for dreambox receivers.

Found an updated DS image for the TM500 and have posted it in download section, it doesn't seem to have the widescreen bug thankfully, that was my main annoyance.

Personally I dont think you'll see any TM500/600 updates for a while if ever...UR Team are too busy with the TM800 images...probably because thats worth more money to TM/ITGATE them longer term, cant have a STB after it was so hyped up, delayed, price increased etc..fail on launch.
UR team themselves are probably a small outift...

I remember the infamous bobi/Darkamn reporting that UR Team is actually just 2 engineers working for ITGate...Which if true probbaly means they dont have the manpower or resources to work on TM500/600 issues as well as TM 800 images..

It's not surprising...ITGate software support has always been crap...remember this is not a TM box your buying...it's a rebranded ITGate..with ITGate/UR Team software...

- The CCAM 2.1.4 comaptibility issues not working in server mode without glitching/freezing, not being able to read white card without NewCS etc..was probably the biggest issue do a search...you'll find a post from 2 months ago where UR Team said they would fix it by the end of the month (2 months ago)...Never happened.

- Also 16:9 widescreen display issues reported by some members here didnt get fixed...

i was hoping the tm800 would get a new section, i can see most of the tm500/600 stuff getting lost soon :/

gsmtech
in last few posts I wrote being beta tester for few brands as well as tm , also in contact few times week ,
your pessimisms about tm is not true,Last image of tm500-600 released in 09-05-10 I have tested that image I can not see anything wrong unless you list problems which I did not see as well as many members,please list them.
for tm-800 there has been new image at least every 3 to 5 days .
speculation and slander from some ex,members were falls,to prove they were all wrong now most members prising tm 800 then rubbishing it.also revealing names and number of engineers is not relevant to improvement of a products ,example of Microsoft and all their windows PROBLEMS can you count how many bugs you get daily from your xp or win7 Etc,how many thousands people working for them???
Last few contacts and visits to tm I understood for production preparation and software hardware team in total 43 personal involved,
also understood 100% of tm receivers are ODM{ owner design manufacturing }pros of tm over and above other brands are
example tm-500-600 has extra 36 functions more than dream box.also this being added to tm800 as well,functions that you are not seeing in dream box and vu+duo is direct access to LAN/UHF/POS/SAT/IMAGE DOWNLOAD BY SERVER/MINI WEB/MINIROOT/front panel download Lots more
there will be big list of extra function which you will not have in other Linux boxes.
you are underestimating tm and comparing to some few brnads importers tm is totally uk bassed with 50 000 sq,feet of offices and warehousing this means information and service is instant,check it in your Google map.
my dm500 blown because of heat I had to sent it to Germany been waiting for last 3 weeks is not back yet also cost me arm and a leg to send .if any one has problem with tm can walk in and get service or next day service no cost to user.
Lets talk about what they achieved in regards to Linux..slandering will not increase performance in your box ,

Last edited:
your pessimisms about tm is not true,Last image of tm500-600 released in 09-05-10 I have tested that image I can not see anything wrong unless you list problems which I did not see as well as many members,please list them.

i'm perfectly happy with my tm600 for what i use it as at the moment, and don't want any arguments but you can't say everything is perfect with them..

main things i can think of..
- cccam glitches with "white" card
- widescreen "544x576" gets overcropped on some 16:9 tv's
- on the last few images the security/password protection has been removed from the Web Interface...

first two problems started being reported around this time last year.

@ToneDeff ... how is your tm800 doing ... will de upgrading to a hd receiver soon,
mrs manx is not really a fan of linux stb's so have been holding off on getting a tm800 as don't think she would be happy with it :roflmao:

sadly i don't have a TM800 :/

pretty skint at the moment and can't really justify spending that much on another box when all i do with my TM600 is mess about with configs and plugins, only time i really watch tv on it is when i find a good documentary while updating channel list

Last edited:
Are the UR still working on the 500/600 at the moment then or are they just concentrating on the 800? I have the 600 and was considering getting a 800 but not really impressed with with UR team in comparison to what other teams. Wish TM had got some bigger group on board to sort out the images

Found an updated DS image for the TM500 and have posted it in download section, it doesn't seem to have the widescreen bug thankfully, that was my main annoyance.

UR team, can you have a look at this image the display settings part of it at least and compare it to the UR image, if this doesnt have the widescreen problem its obviously a software and not a hardware problem....

pleeeeesseee...

I will also be unhappy if TM / UR Team drop the TM600.

I have had this box for less than 6 months and don'y have another £250 to go and upgrade just because they have released a new toy.

gsmtech
in last few posts I wrote being beta tester for few brands as well as tm , also in contact few times week ,
for tm-800 there has been new image at least every 3 to 5 days .
speculation and slander from some ex,members were falls,to prove they were all wrong now most members prising tm 800 then rubbishing it.also revealing names and number of engineers is not relevant to improvement of a products ,example of Microsoft and all their windows PROBLEMS can you count how many bugs you get daily from your xp or win7 Etc,how many thousands people working for them???
Last few contacts and visits to tm I understood for production preparation and software hardware team in total 43 personal involved,
also understood 100% of tm receivers are ODM{ owner design manufacturing }pros of tm over and above other brands are
example tm-500-600 has extra 36 functions more than dream box.also this being added to tm800 as well,functions that you are not seeing in dream box and vu+duo is direct access to LAN/UHF/POS/SAT/IMAGE DOWNLOAD BY SERVER/MINI WEB/MINIROOT/front panel download Lots more
there will be big list of extra function which you will not have in other Linux boxes.
you are underestimating tm and comparing to some few brnads importers tm is totally uk bassed with 50 000 sq,feet of offices and warehousing this means information and service is instant,check it in your Google map.
my dm500 blown because of heat I had to sent it to Germany been waiting for last 3 weeks is not back yet also cost me arm and a leg to send .if any one has problem with tm can walk in and get service or next day service no cost to user.
Lets talk about what they achieved in regards to Linux..slandering will not increase performance in your box ,

- you need to have a reality check here, most people know despite what you say about TM...yes they may be UK based...but the TM500/600 and 800HD are not Technomate ODM boxes...they are ITGate Korean based...dont know where the boxes are maufactured..probably China...

- It's not slander, perfectly valid ponts...TM500/600 CCAM 2.1.4 does not work properly as server with White card UK provider and this issue has NOT been fixed...Widescreen display issues have not been fixed.

- Personally most users dont care how many extra features ITGate/URTeam claim to have...if thay cant get the basic CCCAM and dispaly issues sorted...

- Be real...ITGate/URTeam are no where near Dream/VU etc...in terms of software quality, development or features..

There is potential but not with URTeam providing the software...ITgate need to get their wallets out and pay some real development teams to produce good software...or they will always be behind the rest....

UR team, can you have a look at this image the display settings part of it at least and compare it to the UR image, if this doesnt have the widescreen problem its obviously a software and not a hardware problem....

pleeeeesseee...

Early UR releases worked fine regarding widescreen problem, its was the later releases aroung the end of summer 09 where it reared its ugly head i think

I think quite to the contrary. TM5/600's were pretty much more powerful dreamboxes so were easy to get going and have vast amounts of support. I have been tampering with em for the last year or so and they are great bits of kit. As new as the tm8000 is, its pathetically slow and far to buggy for me to even consider using it as my main box (also due to the fact other hd boxes are better) so I'm not wishing death on my tm5/600s just yet.

Am I the only one that feels nauseous every time I read Satwiz's unshakeable devotion to Technomate?

He's in total denial, and if Technomate really DO rely on him as a Beta tester then, Christ Almighty - I'm buying a fooking Spiderbox. ;)

Beta testing is not about denial, sucking up and being a Yes man, it's about blunt honest feedback to get things working.

If Satwiz is telling the truth that he actually is a Beta tester (which I seriously doubt) then we can all thank him in part for the massive delays, as he's not being truthful and his bullshitting attitude has held everything back.

Last edited:
whats the big deal with everybody screaming about cccam ffs?

if you want to make your own server, dont be so lazy, do some reading, learn your crap, and create your server using other means

ive had a white card, running in a TM500 thats now so old it only has one scart output and less memory than all the other 500/600s out there, and it runs perfectly, and has done for over a year

and theres no cccam in sight

this goes for ANY receiver, all you hear is cccam this, cccam that

remember, the receiver you bought, even if its a dreambox 8000, is an FTA linux based receiver, you chose to flash a 3rd party image onto it, and you chose to install cccam to read your card, theres other cams etc that will do a much better job, so install one of those instead, or there is the other option

write it yourself

Back