Has the TM 500/600 Died a death?

whats the big deal with everybody screaming about cccam ffs?

if you want to make your own server, dont be so lazy, do some reading, learn your crap, and create your server using other means

ive had a white card, running in a TM500 thats now so old it only has one scart output and less memory than all the other 500/600s out there, and it runs perfectly, and has done for over a year

and theres no cccam in sight

this goes for ANY receiver, all you hear is cccam this, cccam that

remember, the receiver you bought, even if its a dreambox 8000, is an FTA linux based receiver, you chose to flash a 3rd party image onto it, and you chose to install cccam to read your card, theres other cams etc that will do a much better job, so install one of those instead, or there is the other option

write it yourself

Why should they not complain?

You complained when Technomate delayed the boxes to you.

Why complain?

CCcam is the most used/popular softcam so it should be one of the 1st priorities.

They aim the box at this type of market yet they don't want anyone to complain when it doesnt work.

Technomate have had no luck with linux boxes the TM9100 was a great box but support is dead for that now. The TM600 and 500 have gone the same way and so will the TM800. There seems to be no interrest from other image teams for supporting the TM800.

The only issue I have with the TM-600 is the webui security issue with the latest image, other than that I am well pleased with it.

Personally I disagree that the tm9100 was ever a 'great box' because compared to what else you could buy at the time it simply wasnt ever a good choice. However, the tm500 and tm600 ARE good receivers, it is the support that lacks. This is just my view, but it has to be said.... people believe that technomate provide 'decent support' because 6 years ago they had a fine receiver that filled a gap and become extremely popular. BUT over the years that simply faded away, as rivals provided new alternatives with better support. Innovations, plus support elsewhere meant technomates were left behind. The tm9100 was the start of the failure, but other decent receivers such as the 5000 & 6000 series kept technomate popular. Support was fine for these, although no better than support for most other receivers, certainly not as good as linux receiver support (which was the new boom).
Obviously some fans here continue to say how great technomate are, and yes Digidude has his reasons for leading the way, but Technomate need a reality check guys. People are buying elsewhere, technomate are failing and if they give up on the tm500 & tm600 support they are fucked, no matter how much anyone here says how fantastic they are! Fixing cccam is THEIR priority to fix.

ps. I am also not convinced with this statement tbh.
....Ive had a white card, running in a TM500 thats now so old it only has one scart output and less memory than all the other 500/600s out there, and it runs perfectly, and has done for over a year...
I have much respect for digidude and as a friend i find him top class, but I dont believe everything i read :proud:
I may be wrong, but I dont think even newcs is that stable? Just 'acceptable' level. Maybe its not relevant anyway because this is about members wanting cccam support, and i dont mean to cause more argument. :(

It does seem like technomate expect others to sort out the problems with their linux boxes yet want to reap the profits.

It does seem like technomate expect others to sort out the problems with their linux boxes yet want to reap the profits.

But without any source to work with, even basic source code files, anyone who wants to help sort stuff out, is unable to.

Technomate/ItGate beta testers...

3-monkeys.jpg

:banana:

If they want to improve theirs products they should listen to their costumers, and not bashing everyone that point out the bugs that should be solved.

i have 3 tm500's 1 tm600 and 2 openmedia 500cs (dm500 clone) on my lan/wireless lan
I use both of the openmedia 500's as servers and I have to say they are extremely stable and i use only cccam, I would change them for tm600's if the cccam and widescreen bugs were sorted out, but in reality the dm500's are a £60 boxthe tm500's are an £80 box, ok they have more features, ie rf modulator but c'mon who even uses this??? ok component out nice but nothing wrong with scart either, miniweb very nice feature but could and have managed without it... what good are these nice features if the basics suck... c'mon tm and UR team sort these issues out, or if you cant, please tell us so we can make alternative arrangements..

and regarding the tm800, as far as i can see, the phrase tryin to run before you can walk comes to mind... there should have been no mention of this box by tm, until it was up and running, think they cut their own throats on this one,.

Last edited:
- Change them both for Dm600 clones if you want SD PVR, good image support and no issues with CCCAM etc, they come in at around 85 quid. Or if it's purely server you need and not PVR just use a 500 clone flawless with CCCAM 2.1.4 as server.

- I dont think you'll see any improvements very quickly on the TM500/600 side UR Team are too busy with the TM800 now...although from a few posts it looks like the 800 also has issues being unable to read white card with CCAM from the internal card reader...hence no CCCAM server functionality at the moment..

gsmtech
in last few posts I wrote being beta tester for few brands as well as tm , also in contact few times week ,
your pessimisms about tm is not true,Last image of tm500-600 released in 09-05-10 I have tested that image I can not see anything wrong unless you list problems which I did not see as well as many members,please list them.

It would be nice if the UR image could switch off the USB hd (which is on all the time) when in standby.

Me i have the Tm600 and i think its a good box! Cccam works well FOR ME..
Only one bug i have found is when you use cccam info it sometime's reset's the Box and sends the dish to 1west!!! And the above post about usb.
+ CRAP SUPPORT!!!
Now a note To TM i started off with your box's Tm3100d + 5400ci super witch
Made me go out and buy your Tm600 as i thort Tm was a good make and would be supported better than My EagleBox and my two spiderbox's!!

yep how let down do i feel now ( VERY LET DOWN)

oK £90 is not much to some but with me been out of work its alot to me
and its looking like i may have to buy a new box as you "TM/UR" are taking the p*ss!!
I was going to Buy your new TM800 box but theres no chance unless you's change asap!!!
+ Dont be like als@t when ever you say theirs a problem with one of their box's
they always say its a network problem or make some shit up to cover themselfs and their shitty items!!! its always a problem at my end and never a problem to do with them!! hahahaha "fool's"
How about you set a server up for all Tm 500/600/800 for free as you would (if you run and support it propley) kill the dark site off with the spider/gift!!

So i think TM/UR should pull the finger out and support there box's!
Or we should all send are box's back to TM and get a full refund!!

Last edited:
Am I the only one that feels nauseous every time I read Satwiz's unshakeable devotion to Technomate?

He's in total denial, and if Technomate really DO rely on him as a Beta tester then, Christ Almighty - I'm buying a fooking Spiderbox. ;)

Beta testing is not about denial, sucking up and being a Yes man, it's about blunt honest feedback to get things working.

If Satwiz is telling the truth that he actually is a Beta tester (which I seriously doubt) then we can all thank him in part for the massive delays, as he's not being truthful and his bullshitting attitude has held everything back.

I thanks alot Satwiz keep up the good work ( NOT )

How about you set a server up for all Tm 500/600/800 for free as you would (if you run and support it propley) kill the dark site off with the spider/gift!!

i hope not i think the whole "free server" *gift* with box idea is utterly ridiculous and just asking for trouble, for users and whoever is running it.

Personally a gift server doesn't interest me.

IMO, anyone buying a reciever based on the fact that it comes with free server access is in for a big dissapointment.

The free server thing will kill the cs, greedy sellers making profit with this will have a bad result.

If you want to enter CS world, buy an MTV Unlimited 12 months or an TNTSat 4 year card for 50€, and share with people that have the cards you want, simple as that.

Personally a gift server doesn't interest me.

IMO, anyone buying a reciever based on the fact that it comes with free server access is in for a big dissapointment.

I see your point totally but i do hope TM dose it and do it well as the other ppl doing it "Al-shit" are just fool's and play the blame game on the user
I hope they go down!!
As my gift dose not work on the HD 3 Time's it has failed then i got told to send the box back at my cost!! wankers!
So i set my own home c/s up and am lost with what to watch with that much open!!
But i just want TM to do it as the Dark place Thinks their the bast in the hole world AND IT EVEN SAYS THAT ON THE WEBSITE!!

Back