Has my modem got some kind of anti-update?

exoticasian30

Inactive User
Reaction score
Lads,

Just popped over from the cable tv section and I need you modem experts to set me straight as I know F**k all about em'

I bought a Ambit 200 from a trader around 6 months ago. Has worked ok pretty much but nothing this morning so I had no choice but to reboot it.

My understanding is that this would result in it taking a sw update so I navigated to the modem test page.

There was no NTL logo and this is a sample of what I see in the "event log" section.

Notice (6) SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm
Error (4) SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file

Does this mean that the trader has knowingly put a 120 mac onto my 200?

Cheers in advance,

Paul

exoticasian30 said:
Lads,
Just popped over from the cable tv section and I need you modem experts to set me straight as I know F**k all about em'
I bought a Ambit 200 from a trader around 6 months ago. Has worked ok pretty much but nothing this morning so I had no choice but to reboot it.
My understanding is that this would result in it taking a sw update so I navigated to the modem test page.
There was no NTL logo and this is a sample of what I see in the "event log" section.
Notice (6) SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm
Error (4) SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file

Cheers in advance,
Paul

Yes m8 this is true your correct, the 120 and 100 use different software from the 200 this is why its being reflected, but also you want to get yourself a rs232 interface from tmc for a 10er (If you dont already have one) as theres also an anti update mod you can do to the 200"s just to make it extra safe incase NT* over come the incompatable issue. Any more help and ill be glad to help you as you have done to me in the past. Cheers

Here is the anti update MOD 200's only m8 as iv heard it wont work on the 100, 120's.

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

exoticasian30 said:
Cheers in advance,
Paul

More likely unknowingly but i would do like L33tpl4y4 says and block sw updates with a 232 or 233

Thanks to all of you top lads for the time and help.

I am totally lost with modems so I'll pop out and have a good read of the tutorials on here before I try anything.

I have had a max233 for a few months now but it is still in it's wrapping lol...

No excuses not to use it now.

exoticasian30 said:
Thanks to all of you top lads for the time and help.
I am totally lost with modems so I'll pop out and have a good read of the tutorials on here before I try anything.
I have had a max233 for a few months now but it is still in it's wrapping lol...
No excuses not to use it now.

Yea m8 go for it, you might aswell, If you come across any problems at all just let us know and we will be glad to help.

Back