• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Has anyone NOT received the girvin hit yet?

Al-z

Hi there, I know a few people round my place and on here that have had the girvin hit and yet I am still in the dark, I have done a forced hit and it just puts the same update on.

I was considering taking it to someones house and updating on their node, however I fear I'll get it home and it wont work on my node.

To the point tho, I just want an idea of how many "blackspots" existing in the land that girvin forgot

PS. A little tip for you guys who have cable TV, I have had a few mates calling into V to tell them how irritated they are at losing lost, 24 etc etc and that they are switching and they ended up getting some good deals and discounts (worth a try no?)

knight

Member ++
I was considering taking it to someones house and updating on their node, however I fear I'll get it home and it wont work on my node.
no need to take it to someones house just change you net id to one that has the V software update (eg:41063)and do a forced update when done change your net id back to your own

shej69

Inactive User
no need to take it to someones house just change you net id to one that has the V software update (eg:41063)and do a forced update when done change your net id back to your own

ive tried that method, but when i set net id back to mine, it updates to the old software again. usin samsung box

khan

Member ++
why

hi mate

why u wont to bother lots problem with cards new software u will get unsubsribed message with most card.

just enjoy

bammy

Inactive User
@shej69 - how are you changing the netid, funcard or jtag? if you do it using a funcard then the firmware will revert back to the older ntl style (because you have to short the battery which prompts a firmware update), but if you do it using a jtag then it should stay on the newer virgin firmware.

wino

Inactive User
0005 sammys have changed but i know loads of people with pace boxes and there still on ntl so i guess they go by model numbers or something

brooky76

Inactive User
they go on model numbers for sure ,, got told the order but cant remember it theres a post on here with it on

shej69

Inactive User
@shej69 - how are you changing the netid, funcard or jtag? if you do it using a funcard then the firmware will revert back to the older ntl style (because you have to short the battery which prompts a firmware update), but if you do it using a jtag then it should stay on the newer virgin firmware.
ohhhh right. cheers for that mate, will giv it a shot

j-lee

Inactive User
I've got 2 sammys that have not got the new firmware yet, and my parents pace 4000 subbed box is still on the old firmware...

sorry been a bit behind, can someone tell me what this new hit does, as i noticed that this morning all working except sky sports and movies!!

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
sorry been a bit behind, can someone tell me what this new hit does, as i noticed that this morning all working except sky sports and movies!!
catts said:
as well as sky sports Disney is down also

I searched the forum. Is there a fix yet ?
Chances are that your dates have expired. Simply update them !

mastichick

DW Member +
Hi

Got a sammy and still on the old n*l software excw , why would you want to update to virgin anyway everythings working so why risk by trying to update.

mines have now come back on, just left them went out and when i came back they were working, me using atmega, as for my mums a long term prob i had with it saying card is dislodged, i pulled the red jumper for about 5 mins put iit back in and box took some sort of new update as message was different, works fine too now..