Hard Wiring Sat Nav

Enticy

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this is not a car forum, but given the collective expertise here I thought I'd ask. I have a Citroen Picasso and a TomTom One 2nd Edition. I will be getting a mount from ebay which include a professional install cable kit which provides power directly from the eletrics rather than the cigarette light socket.

I don't want cables hanging all over the place and I think I can place the mount out of sight for security reasons. What I need help with is firstly making the right power connection and secondly hiding the power cable in the dash.

Can anyone help please?

Is the device going to be inside the dash itself? you cutting a hole in there? if so just stick the wire behind that mate.
think it uses a USB cable to charge? just get the other end which has a cig lighter attached to it, cut the cig lighter bit off but remember which wire is the middle one and which wire is the side wall mouting on the cig lighter and just follow the wires from the car cig lighter itself.

probably bit confusing lol

I did that with my old mazda with a 300watt transformer worked like a treat until i plugged a 1000 watt vacuum cleaner onto it.

**See the drawing lol**

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.

i am thinking of either getting a pro clip which fits over the vents and is jammed at either end in the dashboard mouldings.

the wire would need to go from there to from the device into the dash and down to the cigarette lighter...or am i hoping for too much?

as for the wire connection, are you basically saying i need to attach it in parallel with the cigarette lighter connections?

thanks for the reply.

i am thinking of either getting a pro clip which fits over the vents and is jammed at either end in the dashboard mouldings.

the wire would need to go from there to from the device into the dash and down to the cigarette lighter...or am i hoping for too much?

as for the wire connection, are you basically saying i need to attach it in parallel with the cigarette lighter connections?
well on a car same as on the satnav u have 2 wires the center is positive and the outside is negative
all u need to do is to remove the cig lighter connection off the satnav cable and put jump them in to a pos neg behind the dash
but i would also put an in-line fuse in

Back