1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensible Topic hard time at mo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnboymartin, Sep 12, 2016.

  1. johnboymartin

    johnboymartin VIP Member VIP Member

    Sep 22, 2009
    Likes Received:
    at the mo i am going through bad times we lost our pip an care money an the dss put our money down to £160.00 every 3weeks to keep me an my wife an my disable girl ... at the the we trying appeal with pip they told us it can take up to 3 to 12 mouths all because it change over to pip what life now i am trying sale my car i put it on ebay
  2. D 8 RCS

    D 8 RCS VIP Member VIP Member

    Dec 10, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Sorry to hear your problem Johnboymartin, I think you may be eligible to apply for a "Hardship Payment" and depending on your daughter's age I would think you should have no problems applying for this.
    I don't know if you receive housing benefit or help with council tax, but it would be a good idea to check if these have also been affected, if they have been affected then I suspect your local council who are now responsible for these payments will contact DWP about what they should be receiving and pester for the outcome of an appeal which should hurry things along.
    In the mean time, are there any local charities that appertain to your daughter's disability ? If so contact them and let them know what has happened, asking for charity is a hard step to make but you must swallow your pride and accept the help they will give.
    Good Luck, I hope your situation changes very soon.
  3. craigneuk

    craigneuk Premium Member Premium Member

    Feb 9, 2006
    Likes Received:
    The best thing for appeal is a welfare rights benefits officer. They will help you with appeal plus they must tell you every avenue you can go down to claim what benefits your entitled to People say go to Cab but the welfare rights people its their job and they must disclose everything
  4. dont do it it"ll hurt

    dont do it it"ll hurt VIP Member VIP Member

    Nov 16, 2006
    Likes Received:
    phone shelter uk
    they are the best to advise you and even redirect you to a legal department ( if needed ) that will stand by you
    but as in first line phone shelter on 0300 330 1234
  5. iminere

    iminere New Member

    Dec 19, 2016
    Likes Received:
    When I returned to this country from being in the states for 10 years I was told that I wasn't eligible for any benefits whatsoever because I didn't meet the criteria for a 'habitual resident'. I asked the council for housing and they offered me a tent in January. No problem. Don't get mad and cry about it, get motivated. The system is not there to nanny us, and it won't. Don't sell your car if you have nowhere to live, live in it. But the most important thing you can do is work! No matter what it is or how much it pays, it's going to pay more than what the state will give you. Don't call around all the charities and go crying to anyone who'll listen, stand up tall, put your big boy pants on and get to doing something about it! Your partner and your Daughter are depending on you!

Share This Page