Hannspree YT08-37E1-000G issues.

SirHanma420

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in need of anyone assistance. I have a hannspree YT08-37E1-000G (xv37"), unfortunately in the last week it has been going through some major problems. The TV sometimes doesn't respond to the remote, however once it is swtich on the source button flashes on the screen. Sometimes it inputs random buttons from the remote IE: pressing the menu button or changing from hdmi to tv. I've tried all basic troubleshooting for the TV but it still continues to do the same thing. I now have a bigger issue and the remote will not respond to the TV at all.

If any could help with this issue I would really appreciate it.

Thanks all.

Sounds like the remote, try a cheap universal remote.
Also to make sure remote is actually working still, put your phone in camera mode and aim at the end of remote and press the remote buttons.
You should see a white light if remote works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Manic01.

I will try this tonight to see if it works, I will let you know of my results. Quick question though, would it still be the remote because sometimes the remote works and sometimes it doesn't, however the buttons that are on the TV have no response what so ever?

Regards,

How old is the TV? Has it had a lot of use?

Hi trevortron,

The TV is 7 years old so its been used and abused lol. However I checked the remote last night and the remote was working fine, however the issue is still happening. No drink has been spilt on the remote so it seems bizarre for this to be happening. One thing I did notice that was strange was when I tried the camera technique on the remote, the remote seemed to start working fine without any problems. Any clues to the issue would really help me out.

Is it working the tv now?
Maybe there are buttons jammed?
Take cover off remote and clean.

Hi Manic01,

The Tv is working fine now with no issue, im sure when I try it again tonight the same thing will probably happen. Ill give the remote a clean and see if that helps, I'll let you know how I get on :).

Thanks.

Hi trevortron,

The TV is 7 years old so its been used and abused lol. However I checked the remote last night and the remote was working fine, however the issue is still happening. No drink has been spilt on the remote so it seems bizarre for this to be happening. One thing I did notice that was strange was when I tried the camera technique on the remote, the remote seemed to start working fine without any problems. Any clues to the issue would really help me out.

With a TV of this age it's quite possible it has power supply issues- it might work fine after being unplugged for a bit having coold down, then fault returns once its warmed up again.
Pop the back off & have a look on the power supply panel, some of the electrolytic capacitors may have domed tops (they should be flat), if this is the case stop using the TV until they are replaced, as further damage can result.

bc.jpg

Back