Hannspree JT01-32E2-000G

robc11

DW Regular
Reaction score
Got a cheap tv here ive had a few years, was just playing on the ps3 a minute ago when the picture went blank. Ive turned it off then back on but im getting no picture but the sound is ok. The tv has a splash screen when it starts up and that comes on for a split second then goes off, it used to stay on for a second or 2. Anyone had any similar problems, help me guys :(

Last edited:
itll either be the invertor board or the power supply, more than likely the invertor though m8

open it up and take a picture, i may have a spare on the same here

Just opened it up and had a check of fuses etc and cant seem to find anything blew on the power board, here is a pic though

IMG_0160.jpg

Last edited:
the smaller one of the four in the bottom left corner of the picture m8, like little cans, the little one in the middle

how can you tell it is blown, looking at it, but can not see a difference lol

you can tell by the way the top has lifted its now a dome shape and it should be flat

Thanks digi I couldn't make it out lol I was looking for it totally blown lol. Had a look on flebay and can't seen any of the psu boards. I have found a repair kit on the next for less than £20 which contains various capacitors. Ive put it all back together for now to check it still powers and it did lol :eek:. I'll take it back apart tonight to get the capacitor rating and see if I can get just the one for cheaper

You may as well do the other ones while you have it open. It shouldn't cost more than a few quid and they might be nearing the end of their life as well.

whats the rating of the bulging one m8? itll say something like 470uf 16v, ill lob one in the post if i have one here and you cant find one, but ebay and maplins will have them

Gonna try and find out now mate, looks like i may have to take it off to see the rating as the other are blocking it lol :(

where abouts are you m8?

youll probably need to de solder it from the board to see the values, then, if you choose to solder it back in, ensure it goes in the right way round, these are polarised, and when put in backwards, can go off with hell of a pop lol

Im in the north east mate lol, think ill be ok at doing it. Another cap right next to it is in the same way round so as long as i remember to put it back in the same way as that, all should be ok dont want no sparks lol. Just gonna have to test ny soldering skills lol aint done any for a while lol, but if i end up screwing it ill just have to keep an eye out for another board on fleebay

right its a 220uf35v capacitor, gonna have a look about now found 1 already for 56p lol, but hopefully cheaper elsewhere lol

right its a 220uf35v capacitor, gonna have a look about now found 1 already for 56p lol, but hopefully cheaper elsewhere lol
ducks arse comes to mind :)

ducks arse comes to mind :)

Pmsl who me, I'm on a tight budget ya knowl lol. Found them for 43p in maplin lol but I can go pick some up today rather than wait for then to be delivered, I will hopefully get time to do it tonight :)

Picked them up from maplins along with some solder, now just to find the time to do it. I'll let u know how it goes hopefully tonight

Back